It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving... who gives a crap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know I have a really bad attitude lately but come on. Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) celebrates a day when the people who slaughtered the indians used them to be able to survive.

i know to some it isn't about that anymore but what is it about? a day to be thankful? thankful for what?

the only thing it means to me is I get to eat green bean casserole, pea salad, and deviled eggs to I feel like i'm going to puke.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The only reason I give a damn is because I get 2 days off from work!
Otherwise WGAS...

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I give a Crap in many ways...

I give a Crap about the unfortunate few that my wife and I will ensure have a wonderful meal and good company.

I give a Crap that I am blessed with many things and I am able to share them on this day.

I give a Crap about my family and the togetherness we feel on Thanksgiving.

I give a Crap about the members I feel are my friends here on ATS and want to take a day and thank the Lord for them.

I give a Crap about many things, but these in particular on Thanksgiving.

Semper

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Who gives a crap.

Grateful people who have a roof over their heads, food to eat, even a measely job that brings in a little money. Gratefulness for friends, family, the fact that most of us have all our limbs, and our health...It is a day to be greatful for everything we do have, there are so many who really dont have anything in this world. Look around you, take a good look and you will find something to be greatful for.

Spend time looking at pictures of people starving, who would love a loaf of bread and water, and would kiss you and hug you for a morsel of food.

As you eat your gross turkey or ham with mashed potatoes, stuffing, pies, etc, think of what those in starving nations will be eating...then maybe you will realize what this day is for.

I hope you wake up, my friend.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
DG,

I am Grateful for you... And give a CRAP about you as well...

Semper

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Semperfortis,

I will always be eternally grateful for you, and i also give a big crap about you.

I think i blew that one- its my English.

Happy Thanksgiving, my good friend and to your family!

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I love Thanksgiving. It seems to be the only day of the year we eat Turkey. I don't know if everyone does that, I guess if you were to eat turkey every week it wouldn't seem special on Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

I give a Crap about my family and the togetherness we feel on Thanksgiving.

Semper

why do you feel togetherness on thanksgiving? its just another day.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
dgtempe's quote,

I will always be eternally grateful for you, and i also give a big crap about you

OMG that's funny! LOL & ROLLING IN AISLES! :w:

P.S. Where's the laughing face in the BTS? Not this one lol

Anyway's,,,, Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I personally enjoy Thanksgiving more that I do any other holiday. I certainly enjoy it more than I do the overly-commercialized holiday of Christmas...

Christmas has moved away from what it really means to a holiday that is about "What you're going to get me and how much money you're going to spend on me."

:shk::shk:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Stella, basically, you're saying Semperfortis and I should get a room?

We are good friends, you know, and there's no need to attack us. You dont get the point and you're NOT greatful. Fine.
No problem.

MountainStar,

I sent semper a u2u clarifying that one and he told me bring tons of toilet paper!!!

EDITED TO ADD: In case no one knows, i have been appointed the Butt Kissers Goodwill Ambassador- I hold that tittle very near and dear to my heart, and Semperfortis is the founding Father. Have a little r-e-s-p-e-c-t

[edit on 19-11-2007 by dgtempe]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Isn't the title of this thread... "who gives a crap?", so that means that anyone can post in this thread and it isn't butt kissing, IMO.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I started a rather impassioned defence of DG. It's the knight in shining armour in me. But I realized that she is more than capable of defending herself.

Sick of glutenous Americans, are you? Well, I'm tired of people stereotyping all Americans into one big overly consumptive group. Many of us are not in any shape glutenous, or overly consumptive.

Thanksgiving is for remembering what we have, and for how easily we can lose it. The Pilgrims had a rough go of it that first winter, and had reason to be thankful. That's passed down to us, their decendants. They didn't "use" the Indians, the Indians helped. Big difference there. Now had they known what was coming, would they have? Topic for another thread.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Oh, I don't mind other peoples opinions.... I just think that they were kissing each others butts in this thread.
and being a member of the anti-butt kissing leagion I have to discourage that.

[edit on 11/19/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

come on... be honest with yourself. MOST americans are selfish over glutenous HOGS. and i'm not talking about weight... although that can be included.

and the pilgrims were a perfect example of the future of america... take, take, take.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Having been brought to the U.S. as an infant refugee (@ 18 mos. old) of communist oppression and terror, I can tell you I give a humongous cr@p about Thanksgiving and what the intent of the Holiday represents.

I care deeply for the freedom to speak my mind - and for the freedom for you to disagree with me.

I care deeply for my friends and family, and for the opportunity we've been given to grow and excel here, and for the equal opportunity that everyone else has here to do the same - including the opportunity to still thrive on the largess of others if you so choose.

I care deeply for the hundreds of sovereign nations of Native Americans, especially out here in the West, and though they may not have the breadth or depth of existence they had 200 or more years ago, having visited and worked with many of them, they have still fared better than many cultures that have been exterminated completely in other lands and other cultures around the globe.

I care deeply for our beautiful planet, and thank the Creator - in whatever form you wish to recognize Him/her/Them, and especially that in this land you are free to express and share such beliefs as you see fit.

I care for my employer, my neighbors, my colleagues, and their families, for they too, almost to the person, are also thankful and respectful and humbled by their good fortune, and, like me, feel we have enough left over to help others in need.

I care deeply for my country, and am thankful to have served my country, and would willingly do so again if asked, and appreciate all others who have served with me to protect her, and to protect her freedoms, including, if not especially, the freedom for those few others that speak unkindly about her - and about us.

I am thankful for progress - humanitarian progress, technological progress, political progress - for I realize that though humans are not infallible, we have come a long way, and as the years and decades fade by, I am hopeful we can, collectively, overcome our inferiorities, and evolve and prosper as a species. One day - I hope we have matured enough to explore and colonize the galaxy.

I am also thankful for ATS. I've made some wonderful friends here - and each thread gives me hope that we are reaching toward a community of humanity on Earth together.

And finally, I am thankful to the OP - for giving me a good reason to express my thanks and remind me to reflect on these thanks once again during this important, unique Holiday...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

Most? Change that to read "some" or even "many" and you might have something...

Trust me not everyone stands in line for two months for the latest version of whatever game console is due out next. Most of us, 'cause I'm certainly amongst them, have no time for the latest whatsit. Even if I had the money, I've better things to do with it, like go to the coast for a couple of days, or save it for a vacation. If that qualifies as over consumptive, I suppose I am guilty.

I have much to be thankful for this year...it could have been better, but then again it could have been much, much worse. So, at some point this Thursday, I'll take a moment to tell God I'm thankful, though I'm sure she already knows.

Take, take, take...most of the Pilgrims were not take, take, take. They were just folks who wanted a place for themselves. You are lumping the whole in with the few who were indeed takers.

Anyways, if I may...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. Whether you want it or not

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Well said...

A star for this post, and a flag for the thread itself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join