It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: Civilian observation of a slightly orange object with a fan shaped trail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
NM_JUNE_27_1949.pdf
Project 10073 Record: 27th June 1949, Kirkland AFB
Record of a civilian observation of a slightly orange object with a fan shaped trail

Document date: 1111-11-11
Department: not stated
Author: not stated
Document type: Record
pages: 6

Archivist's Notes: Record of a civilian observation of slightly orange object at Kirkland AFB, New Mexico, just brighter than the brightest visible star that appeared to be self luminous and grew brighter as it accelerated. Witness is said to be intelligent and of good character.
Document is readable for the most part and contains a diagram showing position and track of object. Record concludes no evidence to suggest it was not an aircraft.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
page 1 standard form report dated 27 june 1949 by civilian of object traveling west to east for 2 minutes. object was larger than a star with an orangey tinge and occasionally had a fan shaped tail behind it. it slowed and grew fainter and then sped up and grew brighter. it is concluded to be an aircraft sighting.

page 2 is a questionnaire to record details of sighting

page 3 show name and address of witness and some other information though most is hardly legible

pages 4 & 5 contain another questionnaire with a small blacked out area at top and bottom of both pages

page 6 shows hand drawn diagram of location for start and end of sighting in sky

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

--Date: 27 June 1949

--One object sighted.

--Length of sighting approximately 2 minutes.

--Object travelling west to east.

--Brief Summary: Object slightly larger than the brightest star visible. Slightly more orange. Round. At times flared up and semed to have short, faint, fan-shaped tail. Light faded as object slowed and grew brighter when speed increased.

--Hand drawn diagram on last page.

--Officially classified as aircraft.

My Comments:

I find it interesting that this object is determined to be an aircraft (though I see no word on what type) when it is, more than once, compared to a star. At least in comparison to other reports here in the FOIA section that are FAR LESS star like (based on description) yet are classified as meteors.

I had a hard time reading 4 of the 6 pages, so I may have missed something. If you guys catch any misses on my part, please fill them in.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
"At times the object flared up and seemed to have a short, very faint, fan shaped trail."

"As object slowed light faded..."

"...when speed increased object grew brighter".

This sounds a lot like a rocket powered "aircraft" - perhaps the investigator knew exactly what it was, hence the easy identification.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by timeless test]

join