It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To be or not to be...this is not the question?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
To be or not to be...this is not the question?
My body or I'm body...could this be the question?
I don’t know about all of you here in ATS but I have been baffled for many years now about this above 2 words "my body".
I haven’t find any language which differ to this 2 words put together. All human language refer to the "self and "body" as 2 separate entity, this is why we say "I have a body " and not "I'm body".
This aspect of separating the body and the mind should be at the core of the atheist doctrine.
If an atheist claim that consciousness is part of the brain which in turn also part of the body that make it one singular entity then atheist shouldn’t use these 2 words together (my body) as they will contradict their convictions of non existence of soul.

Any thoughts on this?

Kacou

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I supose I was naive to think I was the only person that felt or thought of the difference between my body and my self.

Many times I have felt that I am in this body and using it to exist in this world. I try to quickly dismiss these thoughts and thinking about it as it takes me into a place I don't understand.

I'm glad you brought up this subject as I have never spoken to anyone about my experiences. It feels good to know I'm not alone in these thoughts.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

We are not a alone, in contrary we all are thinking this way...that is a fact. If you know someone that don’t think this way then maybe he is a robot.
My question is ...why? why do we separate our self from our body in subjecting the world around us?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I've had the unfortunate oppertunity to watch several people die. One man's death stands out in my mind more than the others I've seen.
I was working one day and noticed a man in a truck in my parking lot slump over onto the steering wheel. I ran outside and opened the truck door and pulled him to the ground and administered CPR. It was too late...he was dead. I knew the man and his family and was expecting to get a sudden rush of saddness.

I phoned the authorities and then his wife. Not wanting his wife to see the matter coming out of his mouth I used my skirt to clean him up a bit. He looked like a dead animal. His mouth and looks reminded me of squirrels I had shot. It was just a dead body.

I have been holding the hand of dying people at the moment of their death and had more than one person smile, press my hand and seem to be so at peace.

There is within me the knowledge that I am seperate from this body. I cannot prove this. However it does reinforce my belief that humans do have a soul. IMO we all know the Truth but most people are not aware of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I have never experience death like you have done. Many country I had work and many people that I have met, never I been close to death or either experience as witness.
I have been some how , I will cold shelter from the reality of death. This has bring great humility and understanding of my life as 2 entity (self and body). This life that I have lived and still live push me to unify the 2 entity as one is much in control has the other. I have long left all previous or new spiritual, philosophic, religious way of life to understand the reality that we live.
Some time in my thoughts I cant stop believe how lonely and destitute we are all in this world.
It is not fair .

Kacou

join