It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. losing grip on Iran nuke plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

U.N. losing grip on Iran nuke plan

edition.cnn.com

The U.N.'s nuclear watchdog admitted Thursday it was no longer in touch with how Iran's nuclear program was developing, even as Tehran continues its enrichment activities in defiance of sanctions.

A report from International Atomic Energy Agency chief Mohamed ElBaradei, said that while Iran has cooperated in several areas -- by providing access to declared nuclear material, documents and facilities -- it is withholding in others.

The United States said the report shows Tehran's cooperation with the IAEA "remains selective and incomplete."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
U.N doesn't even know what nuclear nation Iran is up to anymore.

That "ain't" good. What do you guys [and girls] think about this?

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think Mohamed ElBarade should resign his post. He has been making statements for the past year that told the international community that Iran was cooperating and that the U.S. and other countries should back off and now he comes out with this statement!? He is a smart man and he knows what the implications of a statement like this is going to be.

Either he's not credible anymore or is crumbling over international pressure and both reasons are enough for him to step down.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Seems the CNN article left out several important factors. I read this article earlier today on Reuters, and remembered some things not mentioned in the CNN article. Like:

Even if Iran fed uranium into 3,000 centrifuges at maximum rate for long periods, technical skill analysts believe Iran will need some time to achieve, it would need about 18 months to produce enough fissile material for one bomb, the official said.

It goes on to say:

In a disclosure likely to alarm the West, the report said Iran's number of centrifuges enriching uranium had soared 10-fold in the past year to 3,000, a level that could start industrial output of nuclear fuel.

But Iran was running the centrifuges at very low capacity, a senior U.N. official familiar with the report said.

Source: Reuters

If you compare CNN and Reuters on this, you see that Reuters gives a much better view of what really is going on, at least in my opinion.

Also Reuters "Related News" to the left is great for seeing earlier related articles.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well Copernicus, CNN is a very big media station. They don't always tell the whole truth, they leave stuff out, and just want viewers to watch their slant on the news.

They need to make it more interesting and the media is supposedly controlled by the Illuminati--and they aren't up to any good.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
To suggest that the U.N. Is losing grip is assuming that they had one to begin with, which is dubious to begin with.

Just a couple of days ago I was on a set of mind that this issue would not end in military conflict, now I'm not that sure.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
U.N doesn't even know what nuclear nation Iran is up to anymore.

That "ain't" good. What do you guys [and girls] think about this?

I think its on a par with how Israel operates, and we're fine with them.

Whats the problem here?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I'm not an expert on the war, but if I hear any news about the Middle East associated with weapons or whatever, I just have a belief to not trust too many or anyone over there.

I guess I shouldn't voice my opinions in more war and politically related topics since I'm more into paranormal, UFOs, crptozoology, etc. and know less about our US politics and who are friends are. [Hopefully the U.S. still has a couple of companions left]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

What in the world does your statement has to do with this discussion?

Is it fair? Course not, but that's not the issue here, the fact is that here you have this guy flip floping on this issue and what is going to happen is that the hawks in this administration going to go " I told you so" on everybody, the tactics of fear are going to go back on high gear and the chance of this getting resolved diplomatically are going to be in jeopardy.

Now what that has to do with Israel?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

I'm not an expert on the war, but if I hear any news about the Middle East associated with weapons or whatever, I just have a belief to not trust too many or anyone over there.

I guess I shouldn't voice my opinions in more war and politically related topics since I'm more into paranormal, UFOs, crptozoology, etc. and know less about our US politics and who are friends are. [Hopefully the U.S. still has a couple of companions left]

No, no, no, my friend, you are no more expert than the guy that post above you or after you, heck! Not even the CIA or the expert at the U.N. can get it right as you can see.

If anything we are all uninformed sometimes or misguided by the propaganda that the media on both sides put out.

So don't be afraid of voicing your opinion is this forum, that's what we all here for to read, absorb and learn.

Edit to add:

I forgot the most important one, TO SPEAK OUT!

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
Now what that has to do with Israel?

Everything

My post was merely intended to highlight the hypocrisy of apparently needing the IAEA to verify what is going on in Iran, and using the guys statements to justify potential action, whilst Israel sits there smugly ontop of a nuclear stockpile, having never once been inspected by the IAEA and its weapons programmes conviniently ignored by the very same people who are kicking up the fuss.

Now do you see it?

And Monster - I wasn't attempting to degrade your post at all. I probably should have explained myself better

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I agree to a certain degree because hipocrisy is everywhere to be found when it comes to this issue, the UN, US, Israe and Iran are all part of it, everyone does it and go as far of to go to military action for being just that.

It stinks!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, I'm not surprised. The U.N. is useless and it always has been. I have never understood why so many people put their trust in the U.N.
This guy who flip-flopped is a LOSER and has been obviously lying about what is going on inside Iran.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

The U.N is just one of many high places of political power that no one trusts.

We just have to believe that the Illuminati run this world and are up to no good.

top topics

join