It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Elijah Muhammad a Mason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I know he wrote a book called The Secrets of Freemasonry. In it I think he says white people have to study for 50 years to be accepted by God and black people are already accepted. Is this just another case of someone not being accepted by Freemasons and that person gives them the finger in the forum of a book saying they're exposing them?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
It is hard to determine, if he was, he was a Prince Hall. You would have to understand how Elijah Muhammad came about. He was a radical stem from the Great Noble Drew Ali teachings (Moorish Science). There are many references to symbols as well as the square and compass in Moors Science.
It is very hard to tell why he wrote a book about Freemasonry, Moors Science teaches about science and the faith of many cultures as well as it's core religion Islam.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by blaqmyst]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shawn B.

Elijah Muhammed was a member of Moorish Science Lodge, a clandestine and irregular rite. They are not recognized as legitimate Masons either by us or by Prince Hall Masons. Their members constantly refer to regular Prince Hall Masons as "Uncle Toms" in other forums where they post. Yet Prince Hall Masons have a legitimate history and practice regular Masonry, while Moorish Science do not, and are actually sort of a cult.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
reply to post by Shawn B.

Elijah Muhammed was a member of Moorish Science Lodge, a clandestine and irregular rite. They are not recognized as legitimate Masons either by us or by Prince Hall Masons. Their members constantly refer to regular Prince Hall Masons as "Uncle Toms" in other forums where they post. Yet Prince Hall Masons have a legitimate history and practice regular Masonry, while Moorish Science do not, and are actually sort of a cult.

Way off. Moorish Science has nothing to do with Masonry what so ever. Noble Drew Ali taught from knowledge he gained from his travels overseas. He started his journey in a circus but soon found himself in the school of the mystics (This craft existed far before Masonry was even thought off). His writings in the Koran (Moorish Science) not to be confused with the Quran, illustrates the knowledge he gained from these mystic teachers.
Moorish Science took a wrong turn during the time of Elijah Muhammad, they fell into the trap of greed and selfish needs. Noble Drew Ali did not teach the nonsense the NOI does, so calling them a cult is an insult without providing proof to back this accusation, infact this so called cult you claim successfully ruled all of Europe, traded with the Natives in America far before Columbus knew anything of navigation, and introduced the mathematic systems used to build monuments and temples including that of King Solomon. Indeed, the NOI is a racist sect using twisted teachings of the Moorish Science to recruit more racist members, but anyone who read Noble Drew Ali teachings would know ALL CREATION comes from Allah, if you hate your brother, you hate Allah. I am a MOOR and I never referred to any Prince Hall Mason as an Uncle Tom, so that statment should be edited to say "SOME" of the NOI members, and not Moorish Science believe Prince Hall Masons are Uncle Toms.
In Moorish Science, we are taught about the hidden knowledge, the art of mathematics, the science of law and nature. Whatever crafts are in practice in Masonic Temples are not practice in Moorish Academies. It's night and day.

Let's examine the word cult. According to Wikipedia, a cult is:
Cult roughly refers to a cohesive social group devoted to beliefs or practices that the surrounding culture considers outside the mainstream, with a notably positive or negative popular perception.
Are the Masons not a social group devoted to beliefs or practices that surrounds culture outside the mainstream?
If Moorish Science is referred to as a cult, than the Masons wear the same shoes.

Is it not of the square to straighten the crooked places on the way and make the corners of our conduct square? Is not the of the compass to draw a circle around our passions and desires to keep them in bounds of righteousness?
These teachings are far older than many think, as the fathers of this nation dialogued with Moors from Morocco, they somehow waltz together in order illuminate those who are able to see. Elijah Muhammad was never a Mason nor part of Moorish Science. His prophet was Wallace Fard and he was a member of the Fardian Islam, and not Noble Drew Ali Moorish Science.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by blaqmyst

False! In the light of both organizations of which I happen to be a member of both the Nation of Islam and Prince Hall Masonry, there needs to be some clarity. First, Islam, Christianity, Masorny, from my experience all have their reasons and evolutions. Elijah Muhammad taught that once a "WHITE" man became a muslim, which translates as one who submits to GOD", that he can no longer be called anything other than a Muslim. Second, as far as the teachings of Prince Hall goes, the journey of the African to North America, where we still reside, is depicted through the rituals of masonry which must remain undisclosed by oath. I do not know what Elijah Muhammad did in Masonry, clandestine or not, he had a clear understanding of how to make the world see the way black people were being treated unjustly in America and teaches that all men should enjoy Gods rites to man given in the Book of Genesis of the Holy Bible.

Defending the Nation of Islam, it has evolved in terms of the symantics and usage of terms. Devil is not a red pitchforked man. It is a worker of evil, and that is the label (evil) given to the deed of unvoluntary slavery imposed by a select group of Europeans and some Spanish on the African now residing in America. The reason for having a "White Man" study 50 years is to ensure that our culture is not stripped away from us again and that there will be a sincerity of his intentions because when we first allowed "White Men" into Africa to do trade, they began to negotiate freedoms of Men which is an inalienable right designated by God. We just want to be careful of entrusting the knowledge of re-building our cultural bonds to those of ill intent.

That being said, there has always been an upward movement amongst Black America to teach empowerment, and self-respect. But I am not a raicst. Some of my best college friends are Whites of European descent.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Maybe you might excuse my ignorance. With all of what's being discussed, of clandestine, cultural groups, how am i to discern the truth. I would not be able to understand whether or not E.M. was a mason.

All I understand from growing up during all of the 60"s is , that The BNOI, mind you, and The K.K.K. seem to be synonymous in their racial sepratist beliefs. (F.Y.I.) The K.K.K. killed white freedom fighters and Malcolm X was killed by his own kind so murder is not the difference.

I see that when your a mason not much interferes with your ability to be a member. I'm not that hot on beleiving in something that must be a secret. I'm a realist so it's hard for me to be clandestine.

What act would be equal to freemasonry? I saw that at that time, in the post Jim Crow era, that the BNOI was instrumental in returning Black's sense of self-esteem. I only see also, that after becoming a member, some also saw that equality was not practiced, that there seemed to be some classification. Malcolm X brings this to light. Muhhamed Ali also sees that money matters to the BNOI rather than the Beliefs persay of the Koran. So it's hard to judge on just BNOI speeches perhaps when freemasonry is "declassified" we can determine more.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaqmyst
Way off. Moorish Science has nothing to do with Masonry what so ever. Noble Drew Ali taught from knowledge he gained from his travels overseas. He started his journey in a circus but soon found himself in the school of the mystics (This craft existed far before Masonry was even thought off).

You say before Masonry was thought off? When was that cause Nimrod was the first mason and he was first mentioned in Genesis 10.

And yes i have a basis for this statement beofre any of you decide to throw salt read a book.

Removed external link promotion

[edit on 20-11-2008 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by moneymakers07

Your "basis" for that statement is a anti-mason conspiracy theory website.

You do realize the whole "Nimrod was the first freemason" thing is just a myth right, sort of like the whole Knights Templar connection that doesn't exist either?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Islam Moors
Praise Allah Noble Drew Ali Founder of Moorish Science Temple of America in 1913 Elijah Muhammad (Robert Poole-Bey) and Master Farrad Muhammad (David Ford-El) were under Noble Drew Ali's Temple. David Ford-El claimed to be Noble Drew Ali reincarnated but was declined of that by the Moors of The Temple in Chicago Illinois in Cooke County. David Ford-EL changed his name to Master Farrad who is Polineasian claimed to be black man in actuallity a European to Create an ofspring of Noble Drew Ali Temple and took some teachings out of the Circle 7 and Elijah Muhammad used Asiatic Black man. Which there is no such thing as Asiatic Black man (Asiatic Dead Man) this is folly and this is the shadow of the lowerself. Noble Drew Ali taught that Black according to Science means death. Thus so, You cant be a Negro or Black or Colored because this a title that was given to us during the time of slavery in 1779 until the time of slavery in 1865. So Black man is a dead man he is 3/5 human which animals have more rights than a negro black or colored. The U.N. United Nations does not recognize the Black Flag or the Nation of Islam Flag because anytime you turn a flag upside down that means country is distressed and that is what Master Farrad Muhammad did to the turkish flag and said this is the New Islam which is False hood when the Koran of Mecca and the Moorish Questionare said is Islam an new or old time religion and answer is Old Time religion so give credit where credit is do to and that Is Allah the Father of the Universe who ordained Noble Drew Ali the Prophet. Un consious Moors look at the teachings of the Nation of Islam there flag will not be looked upon as a nation becuase they are still slaveminds and the Nation of islam flag will never be recognized bythe U.N. because there is not a nation country in Africa that will look at that flag and except it or anywhere in the world. Dont listen to the false hood and lead you unconsious moors on a stray and if you do you will recieve your reward from Allah for your injust deeds because you are not just towards yourself. And Allah we can find in the heart so you are a Blasphemy to Allah becuase you are demonstrating on your lowerself which is slander murder theft and anything that harms. So the Fire will burn.

Peace
M.Shareef-EL

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Praise Allah Noble Drew Ali Founder of Moorish Science Temple of America in 1913

Which is not freemasonry. Just a group claiming to be freemasons that no one recognizes.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
All you dirty freemasons will be punished by ALLAH....
We know you worship $atan, so stop trying to cover it up...

SHAME ON YOU $ATANISTS !!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Do you happen to know off hand the name of the circus, or that group that he joined ?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by moneymakers07

Originally posted by blaqmyst
Way off. Moorish Science has nothing to do with Masonry what so ever. Noble Drew Ali taught from knowledge he gained from his travels overseas. He started his journey in a circus but soon found himself in the school of the mystics (This craft existed far before Masonry was even thought off).

You say before Masonry was thought off? When was that cause Nimrod was the first mason and he was first mentioned in Genesis 10.

And yes i have a basis for this statement beofre any of you decide to throw salt read a book.

Removed external link promotion

[edit on 20-11-2008 by dbates]

Uh... The Grand Lodge of England opened in 1717. Before that there were men who were called "franc maçons." Before that they had other names. While "free masons" existed, Freemasonry did not.

join