It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question about Bible and the stars...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2002 @ 11:41 PM
link   
In the bible, is there any mention, straight forward, metaphorical and/or symbolic of aliens and UFOs and their existance or inexistance? And what does the bible say about space in itself?

thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Semuri,

Here are some quotes I found while conducting a search on your subject at google.com. I must say, I've learned quite a bit because you asked this question.

I hope you find these quotes as enlightening as I did. I hope you're not too disappointed with the absence of aliens or flying saucers - but there's nothing quite as fascinating as stories about supernatural entities, absolute good, absolute evil, doing battle with one objective in mind...controlling the universes...

Stars are generally synonymous with angels.

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth... REV 12:3-4

...and...

... the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. REV 12:9

Notice when you juxtapose the verses how the stars in 12:4 and the angels in 12:9 resemble one another?

This is perhaps better explained by Christ when he appears to St. John the Divine during the vision:

The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches. REV 1:20

Starsgazers used astrology (still are) to predict the future.

Again, Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Mo'-loch, and the star of your god Rem'-phan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon. ACTS 7:43

And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. REV 9:1

Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? JOB 38:4-7

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lu'-ci-fer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. ISA. 14:12-14

And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. LUKE 10:18

Take care, and God Watch Over You

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Excuse me but That a bunch of baloney, Stars are clearly the result of the process of stellar formation. What is wrong Savonarola was the only book you picked up prepared in 1611?

My advise Semuri is that you go beyond what was known of physics beyond 1611 (which actually was a terrible year for wine) and learn about what has been presented to date. In my opinion Savonarola is trying to sell you a used car with to much mileage.

posted on Dec, 9 2002 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The book was prepared well before 1611, that was just the year the best English translation was released.

Every year is a bad year for wine to me. Merely sniffing the cork is the first step to a headache. Haven't figured out the reason yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Incidentally, 1611 was a great year for cognac.

-�

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Toltec,

Baloney? I'll show you baloney!

"Stars are clearly the result of the process of stellar formation".

Redundant nonsense. Stars are clearly angelic beings as is evidenced by their 'twinkling' white, samite robes.

-�-

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Actually...."The Day the Universe Lit Up; scientists uncover the second creation...100 million years after the Big Bang". That is a good article in Discover magazine December 2002, about the first stars, that were comprised mostly of hydrogen, a little bit of helium and VERY little amounts of lithium.

They even believe they've discovered some of these primordial stars, still burning within our solar system, quite amazing. Before this point all was a dark void, but then one millenea, the universe lit up, just like in Mark twain's book "Letters from the Earth"

Religious people don't read that book, it tears religion apart so badly it'll make your head spin, and it's all so true too.

Anyways.....Science is the How, Religion is the Why.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 04:07 AM
link   
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Not much difference between this creation myth and your explanation of that period from "dark void" to "primordial stars".

I suppose Religion and Astrophysics are doomed to look at different sides of the same coin.

-�-

p.s. Now I'm really gone. Have a good one.

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Savonarola

Do you really believe stars are really angels?!

posted on Dec, 10 2002 @ 06:30 AM
link   
James,

Sure, I believe stars are angels, though not in the way you might think. For your information, my comment on the samite robes was sarcasm...

I think science looks at one side of the universe, the side that's observable by man. As we delve deeper and deeper into the observable processes of matter and energy, we see patterns - these patterns give rise to speculations on how these processes take place: theories. However, in the strictest sense, a theory can never be proven and we must be satisfied to observe.

On the other side of the universe are the causes of the processes we observe. These causes cannot be directly observed by us because we have only been given the abilities, the 'senses' to observe things that take place on this side of the universe. The forces that cause these processes are spiritual (angels), and the mastermind is God.

My belief is that there are spiritual forces (angels) that operate stars, gravity, energy, etc.

-�-

posted on Dec, 11 2002 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Savonarola the only thing we have found that compare to how stars expend energy is in relation to Nuclear weapons. You would think angels had better way to represent themselves

posted on Dec, 12 2002 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Toltec,

If you read your Bible every day, like you should, you'd know that there are some good angels and some bad angels.

The good angels work for God, whom we all know as the divine Creator of the Universe, and support His magnificent plan.

The bad angels, also known as demons, work for Satan or Lucifer, the first fallen angel. His agenda is to foul up God's plan in whatever way he can, and impliment his own, 'new-and-improved' plan.

Toltec, the americans utilyzed a fission reaction, the splitting of the atom, to destroy Hiroshima. The sun and stars, from what we know of them, give off immmense heat and light through fusion reactions - the binding of multiple atoms into one atom. Although related, fission and fusion are opposites.

Perhaps good angels bring things together, and evil angels tear things apart.

God Bless

-�-

posted on Dec, 13 2002 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Check you facts Savonarola Fusion is the reactions that occur at the core of a star, fission is what occurs at layers closer the surface.

I minored in religion in college, which does mean I have done more than just read the Bible.

top topics

join