It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Sumerian Text

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I don't know of any offhand, maybe we should think about doing that and posting it here somewhere as a reference

i do know that the Peruvian Norte Chico culture was contemporary with the latter end of Sumer

en.wikipedia.org...
not many people have heard of that though, an easy way to tell is to see if anyone has connected aliens with it yet

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Howdy KW

How true! Yes, how long before the fringe works them into the fold of fringedom?

Perhaps we should offer a prize for the first to do so.

What I find most interesting about these people is there lack of ceramics, one wonders how they moved/stored/cooked food.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
[
the Anuna are named after the great god Anu
Anu is written like this

Dingir is written like this

I see that symbol as close to the one called the Chi Ro used by catholics in many pictorials which also resembles that for the Peacock Angel, Melek Taus.

It is also interesting how close the word Anuna is to Inanna.

Some have indicated that Gilgimesh means English, but I haven't understood that relationship yet.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

Interesting that I find that symbol on a bowl in Bolivia

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Howdy KW

How true! Yes, how long before the fringe works them into the fold of fringedom?

Perhaps we should offer a prize for the first to do so.

What I find most interesting about these people is there lack of ceramics, one wonders how they moved/stored/cooked food.
The Sumerian carvings show the "Gods" carrying buckets (of water?)

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Well, ceramic pots are durable, but they're also very heavy. It's much easier to move and store food in lightweight woven baskets or animal skins, if you have those things available to you. And you can always cook on a rock or a stick.

I sometimes wonder about how a relatively advanced culture would be interpreted if they didn't leave behind many stone or clay artifacts. The middle Eastern cultures get a lot of credit for their advancement in antiquity, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that their stuff just happens to last longer than stuff from cultures in wetter climates.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Well, ceramic pots are durable, but they're also very heavy. It's much easier to move and store food in lightweight woven baskets or animal skins, if you have those things available to you. And you can always cook on a rock or a stick.

I sometimes wonder about how a relatively advanced culture would be interpreted if they didn't leave behind many stone or clay artifacts. The middle Eastern cultures get a lot of credit for their advancement in antiquity, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that their stuff just happens to last longer than stuff from cultures in wetter climates.
Have you seen their stone carvings? I don't think they needed animal skins. They were amazingly advanced. Their scroll cylinders were like a printing press.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Thanks to the scribes they hired, some ended up with supernatural powers in the literature, which would be the equivalent of Bill Gates hiring a team of biographers and making them say he can throw thunderbolts or transform himself into an eagle or something.

That is going in my signature.... no doubt about it!

What you dont know is that Bill Gates CAN turn into an eagle! and I have the FAITH to PROVE it.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
oops

[edit on 14-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The story is most likely some metaphoric / astro theology text describing an astrological event taking place at the time it in which it was written .

Very cool link you posted MR. OP'er !!

[edit on 14-8-2008 by Max_TO]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join