It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome Hi-Res Pics: NASA dozen...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Here’s a little gift by way of a NASA employee – beautiful, Hi-Res images from a recent shuttle mission.

Like this (thumbnail):

Here’s the set of the full dozen, if you want them (I think the last one is of Hurricane Dean):

Enjoy…

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wonderful pictures. It makes me wish I were fit and educated enough to be part of the space program. I think it would all be worth it just to see that view in person.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
OMG, those are so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing... where did you get these and are there any more coming?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Those are fantastic photos. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing more if you can get them.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
CGI where's the proof that these are real and not fake. Proof!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Paul- you're joking, right?

Please tell me you're kidding...

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
Paul- you're joking, right?

Please tell me you're kidding...

Lol I'm joking I couldn't resist.

The skeptics on this site are having a profound effect on me.

I think I need to log of ATS for a couple of months and cleanse myself of skepticism and doubt.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Great photos, many thanks.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
those pics are amazing. its to the point were their so good it almost looks fake. pretty cool!!

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Quite, quite wonderful!!! I was waiting for the usual sting at the bottom: "notice the light in the bottom left" or "you can tell NASA has airbrushed this part..." etc, but no, just good pictures of the Earth to share.

Good.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There are thousands upon thousands more images like this, available direct from NASA:

spaceflight.nasa.gov...

Select a mission under images and hit "go." You can also find video and audio from the mission. A wonderful resource, and a great way to kill a few hours.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Yup, thanks nataylor...

Knew about the NASA link, and there are great shots (and other stuff) there (actually, NASA has some great deep space (Hubble, etc.), historic, planetary, and animation imagery as well - a veritable feast for the eyes to be sure...).

It's just that a buddy sent me these in particular as the ones considered "cream of the crop" for his mission and I just thought I'd share it directly with my pals here at ATS.

But thanks for the link - never hurts to see it again for those that may not know about it...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Now if only the next Moon landing has such clear, crisp pictures. In living color. Then we'll have another feast.

Good job there.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
great pictures, many thanks guys

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hey! What a coincidence! Maybe you have the same friend as this guy...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Could be, Attacker!

Well - I just hope people are enjoying the stunning imagery just the same.

One thing's for sure in my case anyway: Looking at these definitely makes me wish I had a spare 20 Million or so to buy a ticket! How about you?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Are you kidding? Sign me up!

Thing is: How do you top it?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Cool pics!
There's many more in high resolution, (including bad ones) available here-
JSC Gateway

Astronaut photography, Mercury to the recent ISS flights.
I found the interface a bit awkward at first visit, but anyone can get the hang of it.
Takes the server a few minutes to cough up the highest res pics. Captions and all tech data included in most. Searching through the "not yet catergorized" or "mystery pics" is an interesting treasure hunt.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Outrageo

Now if only the next Moon landing has such clear, crisp pictures. In living color. Then we'll have another feast.

Good job there.

I won't doubt that it will. However, it's not like the last series of moon landings had any lack of beautiful, hi-res color pictures. Just take a look at the Apollo Lunar Surface Journal (google it up). The site seems to be down right now, but it has an archive of all the photos taken by the astronauts on the moon, in very high resolution.

new topics

top topics

join