It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Big Light In The Night Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hello yall, tiz me first post...

The reason I decided to join this site is simple really.

For over a year in Northern California I saw this star in the western night sky. It never moved and was always relatively low in the night sky, while heading north bound on I-5 yet it could only been seen North of Weed Ca. Like I said it was there for over a year, like a reliable friend, until June of this year. It was just gone.

It was the biggest dang star I have ever seen, its illumination was bright enough to peer through thin clouds. I figured it was a planet or some other such thing, the strange part is, the star never moved. It was always at the same place in the sky regardless of the time. Yet, you could not see this "star" anywhere else in the night sky. By that I mean, you could not see it in Southern Cali, or in Oregon/Washington. Now that didn't strike me as weird until it just disappeared. Seriously it was gone. A trucker told me it stopped showing up two weeks before, I was in a different part of the country during the time it disappeared.

Now comes September of this year. I am driving threw Montana, heading north on I-5 between Dillion Montana and Butte. Now in the Northeastern sky there it is. I continued to drive jumped on the I-90 expecting to see it again, but I was wrong. I searched all over the sky, even stopped on top of the mountain pass just East of Butte to try and get a better glimpseā€¦ Nothing.

October of this year, I am in the Los Angeles suburbs, near Ontario Ca. There it is again in the Southeastern sky. I said, SOB, there it is again. I looked at it for a few minutes, yet hunger was calling. So I picked a spot on my truck for reference in the night sky to see how much it would move while I ate. I came back an hour later and the star hadn't moved at all. This star is really starting to get on my nerves, because it doesn't behave like any other star I have seen.

Question: Have any of you seen this extremely bright star, that seems to bounce around in the sky? Coming and going as it pleases?

I am in Los Angeles right now, and I can't find it anymore. I've been to Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, and up and down the I-5 and I can't find it. I look for it every night. I miss my friend, can someone help me find it?

Seriously though, what is it, and why does it behave the way it does?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Yes it is the planet Venus. It is probably the brightest of all lights in the sky.

The planet Venus has been mistaken so many times for UFO's.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
okay if it is Venus, how come it never moved for an entire year, then changed locations in the night sky twice in two months, and now I can't find it anywhere?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Hi, I saw a similar object, photographed it, it was in the south-eastern sky...shadowing or traveling with the moon. It was quiet visible even through out the morning. Here is my thread on this subject, as it was identified, by members that gave some great links to software (free trial) and maps to help you navigate the heavens so you can double check your KNOWN CELESTIAL BODIES. Hope it helps you too.

top topics

join