It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 3 British Airways flights to USA cancelled amid terror fears.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This just in, 3 BA flights to Miami and Washington D.C. have been cancelled by the British Government over airline security fears given the level of terrorist chatter.

www.CNN.com
"On Friday U.S. government officials told CNN that the U.S. had received new intelligence that suggested a threat of possible terrorist attacks against the United States using aircraft. (Full story)"

And as this story breaks we're getting more news that a Virgin Atlantic flight over the atlantic is turning back to the UK after a strong burning smell was encountered on the plane.

Related discussions on AboveTopSecret.com
Well Feb 1st/2nd is almost upon us?
Warning about passenger planes, again
Nukes in U.S. allready?

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Follow-up story which states that new intelligence information once again raises concerns about some of the same BA flights that were repeatedly grounded at the beginning of the year.

www.chron.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This may just be a diversion for something else?

Keep their eyes to the sky and they will come in from the back door.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Things aren't looking very good now
Just saw this on BBC News a few mins ago and instantly thought of feb 1st

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Terrorist threat intelligence gathering is so suspect to me now that I don't think I could ever swallow it.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The homeland security people are extra uptight this weekend. I don't make much of any of this so far.

Tis the season. If the terrorists REALLY want to send America into a downward spiral, they should target cable and satellite companies during the fourth quarter on Sunday. People would die.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Somthing might happen in the next couple of days

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The thing that concerns me is that they cancelled the flights for sunday and monday....

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yes, because Ied Al-Adha, the islamic 'Thanks Giving', is being celebrated by Muslims all over the world.

[Edited on 31-1-2004 by Olafski]

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Why is it only British and French airlines grounded? could it be to help American airlines?

join