It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'd hit it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
So that's what the term means!

Kinda like the Japanese bakku-shan.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't think it's a big deal if it's a bunch of guys hanging around and talking. Hell, my friends shortened the phrase to ''Would you?''.

I'm fairly certain that we wouldn't speak like that infront of a persepctive 'hittee' as that would somewhat diminish the chance of a 'hit' actually occuring....

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Hell, my friends shortened the phrase to ''Would you?''.

Shocking !!

Back in Orlando, my friends
asked the same.

Response : "I would".

Regards,
Lex

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Hah, so I guess we're not the only pervs....makes me feel better.

To the OP....so what exactly do you ladies say when you see a guy you want to 'hit'? Hmmmm?

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
yea, Im not going to act like it isnt a double standard. It is. If some one you aren't at all attracted to says it, it is awkward and such. If you are attracted, you probably will be flattered somewhat.

And for the last 3 posts, that is something we say around here too. "Would you?" has become universal guy talk...or at least national.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I am a woman and I have actually used the phrase "I'd hit it" when I have seen guys I think are hot.

I do not find it offensive and believe it or not, I do not get offended when a guy I do not find attractive hits on me. I just smile and say "thanks but I'm not interested."

I knew a poor guy at a job I worked at who was an unattractive fella to most women and he ended up getting fired for supposed "sexual harassment." Truth is, I never saw him doing any harrasing but a lot of women would report him for simply smiling and saying hello when he passed them in the hallway. I felt bad for the guy.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
hrm....degrading to women, yes. but i think most of the time its used as a complement. then again, i say it as a joke; never to be taken serious.

but....my nephew says "id hit it" all the time about girls, and yes, in a degrading way.

its either funny or degrading. depends on who is saying it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join