It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

low-frequency sounds causing "head explosions"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
i recently watched the X-files episode "drive" in which people, and animals, were dying from a sort of anuerism from the ear that sort of exploded, and was wondering if anyone knew of this ever really happening? in the episode, the people got the anuerism because of low-frequency sounds being emited from something that the government had put around the people's homes.

is there any truth to this?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The X-Files is has its nuggets of truth.

This isn't one of them.

While sound makes s'plodin' things easy, it (probably) doesn't cause anuerisms. What you're thinking of is resonance, which is the concept that if you can fidn the appropriate resonance pitch for an object, you can shatter it.

DE

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Sounds a bit like the old 'Scanners' films from the 80's!
The people in it had some sort of psychic powers or something, they could make peoples' heads explode just through thought!!

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Sounds a bit like the old 'Scanners' films from the 80's!
The people in it had some sort of psychic powers or something, they could make peoples' heads explode just through thought!!

Hehe. That would have been a cool ability to have. Or maybe not so cool when you're drunk etc. I sure have wished I had this ability at times.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Like the movie Dogma? That was an insane scene when Ben Afflack's head exploded.

new topics

top topics

join