It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD Drugs Ineffective Over The Long Term

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   

"Apart from being ineffective over the long term, ADHD (attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder) drugs may also undermine your child's physical growth, a BBC television program, Panorama, has revealed. Scientists seem to be saying that claims made about ADHD drugs some years ago were overstated.

A long-term monitoring program involving 600 kids across the United States since the beginning of the 1990s was shown in the TV program - with some of its results. It is called the Multimodal Treatment Study of Children with ADHD. The study concluded that over the long term, such ADHD drugs as Concerta and Ritalin have no demonstrable benefit for children - long term means after three years of taking the drug(s).

The use of ADHD drugs in much of the developed world has doubled over the last five years - many say it has become a cure-all for bad behavior."

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

I have always thought these drugs are not helping kids much,now this research seems to back up what I thought.
I have seen kids on Ritalin,and they behave in a strange manner-not sure weather this is because of the drugs,or a condition they have,or a bit of both.
Should be an interesting Panorama to watch.

I have always thought that hyperactivity is diet related,and that to get these kids on a healthy diet regime would work wonders IMO.
What do you all think?

join