It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unclassified Gravity?'...huh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
came across something i thought was cool on this wikipedia page on Geometrodynamics (fascinating stuff...also see on the subject recent article: www.physorg.com...)

different theories of gravity are broken down into sections at the bottom of the wiki page...one of the sections, the last section is titled 'Unclassified'. Thought that was pretty interesting. Makes ya wonder if there's a 'classified' section somewhere out there

Here's the link... en.wikipedia.org...

I bet that 'top secret' wiki thingy u.s. intel gets to use must be so rad. sigh.

Damagemouse

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by damagemouse

Indeed. I knew a guy who used to work for Military IT, he told me that there is whole 'nother password-protected (and presumably protected on many other levels as well) Internet out there only for use by those cleared for it.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think by "unclassified" they're meaning "uncategorized". Nothing to do with top secret classification etc.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mentalempire

The internet was essentially "born" from a military network.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

Indeed. We owe so much of our technologies to cross-applications of initially military technologies. Do you think what my friend said was correct? Personally, I do. I've heard and read other things to corroborate what he said.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Well, yeah. I wouldn't call it a "whole other internet" though.

Many departments have what is called an "intranet". It's basically an internal network that can operate in a similar way to that of the internet. However it is usually only accessible from machines/users that have been given access within that department.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Comatose

This may just be a clarification, but the impression I got was that this was an international network. Most likely we're both right, in a way, and this network can only be accessed from authorized computers, although these computers are probably scattered all over the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I was in the Canadian Forces and know what you are talking about. There is a whole network just for the CF that can be accessed only if you have the correct software on your computer. My wife is an officer in the Cadet Instructor Cadre (Army Cadets) and she has access to a network for Cadet Officers through a software hookup.
Unless you have the software you can't even find the network, let alone get on it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i wonder where you have to intern to get those kind of jobs. i really hope someone invents star fleet academy.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
There is certainly the DARPA Net, among others. Comatose is correct abut our internet's birth.

But back to gravity being 'Unclassified'...

Could this have something to do with the Proofs of Tom Van Flandern?
www.metaresearch.org...

I was really into Van Flandern's work a couple years ago, from what I remember, he's claiming to have defined the speed of Gravity, and it's way faster than light. Reading his work inspired me to actually read Einstein, and Einstein from what I recall did not define the speed of Gravity in his Relativity Proofs. Einstein assumed the speed of gravity to be infinite. Van Flandern defines it as less, but not by much. (sorry for the crappy summary, it's been a while since I've read up on this)

This led me to question gravity in general, and how much we don't know about it. How does it propogate (travel through a medium, like light or sound)? What is the speed and form of the propogation? What is the source and cause? Etc...

I ended up questioning if Gravity was indeed even a pulling force at all!
This is still a mystery to me to this day, and if someone can explain it to me, I'd love to hear it

I tried to write out every conceivable method of 'pulling', ie; centrifugal force, pulling an object with your hand, suction on several scales and mediums, even magnets...

It turns out that each of the mechanisms involved in these 'pulling forces' is actually a pushing force. ie; centrifugal force is a myth, centripedal force is what's affecting the object... etc.

Well, not etc, I'll list the others:
pulling an object with your hand is actually pushing it from behind towards you...
suction is a pushing force of a higher pressure density against a lower pressure density, in liquid or water...
magnets are pushing as well as pulling, as a part of a single electrical motion, equivalent to pushing in work force terms...

So if there is no other pulling force existing in physics???
PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG!
I've been known to be before and I like learning...

Why do we assume that gravity is a pulling force, emanating from mass, as opposed to a pushing force acting UPON mass???

Perhaps this is where the 'Unclassified' designation was born? If I can figure this stuff out, perhaps the gov't has too?

Any thoughts? This is a really fascinating subject, and I'm all about learning when it comes to physics!

I'm sure there are people out there who know more about this topic than I? Is Van Flandern an ATS member?

-WitnessFromAfar

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First, I think this is in the
wring forum. (no offense
to The op)

Originally posted by WitnessFromAfar

I tried to write out every conceivable method of 'pulling', ie; centrifugal force, pulling an object with your hand, suction on several scales and mediums, even magnets...

I'de love to see your theories.

pulling an object with your hand is actually pushing it from behind towards you...

This one, in particular.

Start another thread, and link
it to me in a U2U, please.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Um, it was really just a thought exercise I did, a short paper. If if can find it, I will U2U it, sorry for taking the thread off topic.
Give me a minute here to peruse an old hard-drive...

top topics

join