It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Holmes herald of something bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I know in the past comets were believed by astrologers have described comets as evil omens, heralding cataclysmic events, sudden political upheaval, and even the death of kings. I have little knowledge of astrology. I did some search and found >>
starworlds.blogspot.com...

Toward the end the author mentions a Jan connection to "In late January, Holmes meets up with the fixed star Algol, or Ras al-Ghul as it was known to the Arabs meaning Head of the Demon" and speculates >>
In any case,according to Brady ancient writers described it as "the most malefic star in the heavens, causing hangings, death by the loss of one's head, and any other foul, demonic deed that could befall the human race." Let's hope our young royals have a good astrologer handy to make sure they don't do something rash and lose their heads.

Royal family?
Any significance? What do you think?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I hear you BlackProjects, I've read the same about this so-called 'Head of Satan Star' which I've also seen it referred to as.... I was watching this Youtube video last night (it's about 5 minutes), called 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' (also, the name of a song/video) about comets.

The video claims their origin is the Oort Cloud and that we're in far greater danger then most realize. They mention there's been an increased amount of meteors entering Earth's atmosphere since 2002. There's some sweet graphics/textual elements of the video, IMO, it's nicely done.

Maybe Holmes is bad news, but I still think about Honda and a potential close pass, late this December and 2011. The thread floating around about the 2011 strike has a decent 2D simulator, which shows Holmes at about the distance it is, but shows others as close at this time.

Anyway, here's a link to that video: youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i'm wondering about when the comet had it's last outburst in 1892
(that's how Edwin Holmes discovered the comet)

just what calamity happened around that time?

i'm also thinking that the comet already brought misfortune with it...
think about how comet holmes has been silently & unnoticed has been
traveling across the skies......pretty much like the credit/mortgage crisis
has been silently & unnoticeably snaking it's way through the economy.

then suddenly ! a giant blow up, a huge inflationary cloud of gas and
fragments of comet material...is this symbolic of a mega collapse of the US$ ? and a restructuring of the world economy & currency exchange?

fill in the gaps with the comet & the world's monetary blow-up analogy

thanks

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It's some pretty awesome stuff for sure!

It's now the biggest object in our solar system and is bigger than the sun.

What is happening with it has never been witnesses before.

Strange the NASA, Hubble and the media aren't saying anything.

Whatever it is, it's huge! and it lost it's tail?

Some info and pics here.

www.spaceweather.com...

more good pics here.

mensnewsdaily.com...

Here is a pic from the above website. Look at the size of the Eart. Scary stuff!

[edit on 11/11/2007 by MauiStacey]

[edit on 11/11/2007 by MauiStacey]

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
...good links, nice images MauiStacey!

This does seem like an under-reported story. I did a little more research and comets do seem to originate out of that Oort Cloud, these numbers are staggering, no wonder Congress and researchers have been clashing over NEO (near-Earth orbit) objects lately. This ain't pretty:

The Oort cloud is a spherical shell that surrounds the Solar System. It contains an estimated 10 trillion comets (1 followed by 13 zeros) with the combined mass of the Earth. This is the main home for comets, nine trillion kilometers from the Sun.

Objects from this area are the source of 'long-period comets'. They are called this due to the long time they take to orbit the Sun.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Also, the Kuiper Belt objects are the "short-orbit" ones, the BBC stie didn't give a number of objects, here is that info, the number appears to be around 70,000 -- which, to me, still is a large number.... whereas, the Oort Cloud, that seems like the long-term worry.

[edit on 11-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Was watching "Nazi Prophecies" on History Channel.. they mentioned "nostradamus comet" and connection w "third antichrist"..
II: 46

Apres grad troche humain plus grad s'appreste, Le grand motor des siecles renouuelle: Pluye, sang, laict, famine, fer & peste, Au ciel veu feu, courant longue estincele.

After a great misery, an even greater approaches, The great motor of the cycles is renewed: Raining blood, milk, famine, iron and pestilence, In the sky will be seen a fire, dragging a trail of sparks.

II: 62

Mabus puis tost alors mourra, viendra, De gens & bestes une horrible defaite: Puis tout a coup la vengeance on verra, Cent, main, soif, faim, quand courra la comete.

Mabus will soon die, then will come, A horrible "undoing" of people and animals, At once one will see vengeance, One hundred (days) of power, thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

Could this be the comet mentioned?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Strange the NASA, Hubble and the media aren't saying anything.

Hubble wasn't any help at all.

New Hubble images give no clue to what caused comet to dazzle

The new images reveal no sign of any large fragments in the shroud of particles that might suggest they were fragments of the nucleus itself or debris from a collision with some boulder-size errant asteroid wandering between Mars and Jupiter - although some astronomers already have proposed that idea, Weaver said.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

I am not seeing much about it at all.
I have three questions about it:

1. What is this atmosphere it is generating made up of?
2. What caused this massive quick expansion?
3. Is this really a comet?

Complete and total insanity. I don't think this has ever been documented and people would rather talk about OJ and Hillary Clinton. I don't understand how we got so brainwashed...

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Anubis,
OK we know the tail disappeared. Is it possible that the comet impacted maybe an asteroid and trailing tail caught up and somehow formed the "atmosphere" of which you speek?

BP

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My concern with this comet is any effect it may have on gravity... I know it's much less dense than the sun, but how much? It's as large, so could it start having an effect on gravitational orbits? This has to be a bigger news story than whatever Britney is doing today, yet, it's nowhere to be found. Not even in the ticker... And it's above my stupid friends' heads, which pisses me off.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Funny you should say that. This one intrigues me as so many astrologers. If the blue lady comes to view, do NOT look upon her beauty!

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
it is the harbinger of the morning son!!.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
What you may not realize is, there is not one, but two comets that began brightening at the same time.

One is headed for the "dragons tail", the other is headed for "gods sons crotch".

What could that mean? Astrologers don't seem to know what to make of it.

enews.coloradomtn.edu...

www.skyscript.co.uk...

[edit on 11/23/07 by makeitso]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

I think it is the same phenomenon as the star of Bethlehem. I think since the tail is either pointing directly at us or away from us, it just looks like a new star, and not a comet. Maybe this is what the wise men saw when searching for the prophesied coming of Christ. I think this is the new star of Bethlehem and it will bring in the second coming of the Christ consciousness.

Remember the Nostradamus prophecy:

2 Q62
Mabus will soon die, then will come,
A horrible undoing of people and animals,
At once one will see vengeance,
One hundred hands [powers], thirst, famine, when the comet will pass.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Interesting comment concerning the Star of Bethlehem..I had not thought of that what maji followed.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hmm actually this was first comet brightening that I had ever heard of. Someone said there is another brightening as well. That is weird.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
In light of some of the astrological mentionings in the blog mentioned and the recent death of Bhutto..am wondering if this is somehow related.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Using the comparison scale provided earlier in this thread by MauiStacey, it appears that even the nucleus is notably larger than the dot on the right called Earth. From what I've read, the nucleus is approximately 11,000 feet in diameter, or roughly two miles.

What I don't get at all is how a rock two miles wide can 1) produce and 2) tow through the solar system the sheer volume of gas/particles necessary to expand to the size of the sun...does a comet really have that much gravitational pull?

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
thats EXACTLY what i was thinking dude! no fuking way! its too small to produce such amount of dust\debris\gasses\whatever there to become biger than the sun and yet stay visible (not dispersing into space and disappearing)

plus.. AFTER this event or impact or whatever happened Holmes is still there! and it didnt even changed! (or did it?) I mean common people! where's ur logic?! too brainwashed for all that? i donno what to say.

maybe people should look into plasma cosmology or something. Plus do some research on NASA deep impact project and NASA brand new THEMIS mission results. Its about some electromagnetic bond between the sun a the earth

peace

top topics

join