It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Friends and foes on member profile

page: 1

join
share:
Al

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well... I haven't been around for a few years, and my member profile has all these friends and foes. What's up with that? And how exactly do they go about doing that?

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Al]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Al

Mine do that too. It seems there's a glitch in the "innards" of the beastie that causes this. I just ignore it. I know who my friends are without a label, and I really don't bother myself with foes.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
That is really odd. You do have a huge list of friends and foes.

In fact, when I opened this up, above your avatar it says "one of your friends"

However, I have never seen you before and when I looked at MY profile, your name wasnt on there. Yet, im on your loooooooooooong list of friends in your profile.

Hmmmm. Does sound like some glitch?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I asked about this to the staff the other day because of your profile and it is a glitch. I am not sure if it can be fixed or not but they do know about it.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 09:00 PM
link   
There is someone with the screen name of DEFCON, and he gets my friend foe list. I showed this to Mirthfulme, and we tested it. Sure enough when someone is added to one of my lists it also shows up on the other accounts list. I would have to guess that it has to do with an error in a SQL call into the board’s database, and too many similar characters in some user names. It was brought to the Boards attention, but was never fixed that I can tell.
Here is the other members profile that matches up with mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
none of the other similar screen names other then DEFCON seem to cause the same error:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 11/10/2007 by defcon5]

new topics

top topics

join