It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Access Error?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but when I try to access the upload space in the member center it reads "access error", and that my browser is not sending 'referral' data to the upload management tool. What can I do to fix the problem?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Do you have enough posts to upload. I think you need a minimum like witht he chat room (200).

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You posted it in the right place and it's a good question because I'm having the exact same problem. Been having it for months. That's why I'm uploading pics elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
you may want to try to access your upload space from ATS sometimes accessing form BTS causes problems for some members at times.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

ATS, BTS or PTS, IE of FireFox, it doesn't work for me. Same error message as the OP.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by x-phile

Nowhere near 200 posts...........I didn't realize it was necessary. Thanx
Also, Sauron, I will try that, thanks.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by Topsy_Kretts]

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Topsy_Kretts

you don't need 200 posts to upload, you are how ever given a small amount of space at first that you can increase buy using your accumulated points.
I will ask/ pester some staff to see if there is an answer to your quandary.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I had that problem once and it was my security software.

I use PCcillin and it would have a pop up screen when info was being accessed, doesn't matter what, if I hit block, I could no longer upload in the member center.

That could be the problem for some.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I was just thinking the same thing. I have Norton, which is good at keeping things clean, but blocks access to just about everything, and causes me migraines on a daily basis.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Doh! Why didn't I think of that? You might be right. I've got a third-party firewall up, that might be the problem.

I'll test it out later. Right now I need to get some shut-eye... I'm in zombie-mode already.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Ok, now I can upload stuff, it takes away space in my upload quota, but when I click on it I get "File not found".

Bah! I'm going to upload it on imageshack. And while I'm complaining, let me just point out that the [img] tag doesn't work with photobucket. [imgr] or [imgl] does, however. Bug?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If you're hosting an image on Photo Bucket, Image Shack, ATS Space, etc., I'm assuming that you have the right to post the image. And if you have the rights to host the image, you should be using the [ats] [/ats] tags.

Our bbcode was updated some time back.

• New AboveTopSecret.com Hotlinking Policy

• posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:36 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
    Ok, now I can upload stuff, it takes away space in my upload quota, but when I click on it I get "File not found".

Bah! I'm going to upload it on imageshack. And while I'm complaining, let me just point out that the [img] tag doesn't work with photobucket. [imgr] or [imgl] does, however. Bug?

While it apparently is not the code I am supposed to be using since apparently I should use [ats ] tags, using photobucket's provided [IMG ] does work.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by apex
    While it apparently is not the code I am supposed to be using since apparently I should use [ats ] tags, using photobucket's provided [IMG ] does work.

I must be cursed... I was just looking at other people's posts where they hosted stuff on photobucket, and you are right. It works for them.

Oh well. I'll just use the [ats] tag next time. Oh, by the way, the [im] tag also works, but isn't suitable for small pictures because of the scroll-zoom thingy. It messes up the line format, especially if you're using custom smileys.

So many tags, so confused.

top topics

join