It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting story someone told me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This actually happened like 9 months ago but I figure I might as well tell it since I think you guys will be intrigued by it.

I was out with a couple friends at a local bar one night just talking and such. One of my friends started talking to this guy she knew and eventually I started a conversation with him. I can't really remember how the subject of UFOs got brought up, but he told me something I was fascinated by.

He told me his father was a F-16 squadron leader out of a base in Florida (can't remember which one.) But anyway the year was 1981, and a hurricane was headed for Florida. For safekeeping reasons, the military decided to move the squadron out of Florida and to a base in South Korea.

On the way from Florida to their next location on the way to Korea, the squadron encountered something very strange. His father said they came upon a black, triangular craft in front of them emitting some kind of "gas."
When they got closer, he said the craft shot up so fast and with so much energy, it made him bite all the way through his lip with his teeth- from the inside of his mouth. They were told to never speak of it again.

I remember asking this guy why the military/government is covering up UFO stuff- he his dad said for defense reasons. There might have been more to the conversation but I can't remember much more- but I will always remember the stuff I just told you guys.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This was an interesting story. First thing that jumped out was why would someone move an F16 squadron around the world due to a hurricane? It may have been a movement of planes to a base there to keep, for instance, noted in this story which has dates similar to your story.

home.att.net...

They could easily move planes from FL to TX to avoid a hurricane. I wouldn't think they would go to S. Korea just for a hurricane diversion.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bonaire

Yeah, I'm gonna consider this either someone taking OP for a ride or the storyteller being so drunk he can't his details straight. It would be helpful if we could get ahold of the individual these events allegedly originally happened to and ask them some questions such as what unit they belonged to so we could get some external confirmation.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
"First deliveries to the 8th TFW at Kunsan in South Korea took place in September of 1981"

Oh nice find- the dates do correspond to what he told me. Maybe there is something to this story. Like I said, it was 9 months ago- so I'm not quite sure what the hurricane aspect has to do with it.

A hurricane did go through Florida in August 1981.

www.stormpulse.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
ive heard a british pilot tell pretty much the same story,and he came to the same conclusion.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm researching online to see if I can find similar sightings or things that match up to the story- so I'll try to update when I can.

I found something, i don't know how well it matches up to this story- since it took place in 1952, but it said something that caught my eye-

Another interesting report dated from September 1952 concerned the sighting of triangular-shaped UFOs seen during a NATO exercise called "Mainbrace." Barely one day into the exercise, Naval personnel on board ships off the coast of Ireland filed at least two reports of encounters with triangle-shaped UFOs. The first such encounter involved what was referred to as a "blue/green triangle" which was observed flying over the sea at a speed of 1,500 miles per hour; while later that same day, a triangular formation of lights emitting a "white light exhaust"" was seen in the same vicinity.

I find it interesting that both my story and this one from 1952 both told of something being emitted from the craft.

www.theparanormalreport.com...

new topics

top topics

join