It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can You Truly Serve God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
Yes,i've heard that before.
Right before being told that i have to stop being a lesbian,lol.

lol Yeah trying not to sin anymore is definitely a factor. Anyway maybe someone else following this thread will get something out of my comments.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Aye,and i'll leave aside the gay issue as i'm covering it pretty well in my other thread,lol.

I may not agree totally with you,but i have learnt something from your replies.Some of the things you have said make a refreshing change from the usual and predictable replies.(which i know i am also guilty of making.lol.)

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll

You don't find any contradictions in the Bible???

And what is it i would venture to do???

Not a single one. And you would seemingly suggest that your method of thinking is superior to that of Christians in the particular domain of say.... finding contadictions in the Holy Bible.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AFunkySensation

I don't believe my thinking is superior in any way,its just people can get blinded by faith and they can't see the wood for the trees.

I don't think you can call anyone naive if you believe there are no contradictions in the Bible,Old & New Testaments.
You may find the links below useful....

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
... And being as to how you refused to allow yourself to be blinded by faith, your thinking is superior in that instance.

I wasn't calling you naive, I was saying that you were calling those that believe the bible has no contradictions naive. Which you verified.

You just got to read in context.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

My bad.

I see Faith and Blind Faith as 2 different things,but the latter doesn't make people naive.Most of the time people are taught only selective parts of any Holy Scripture and they never read them fully for themselves.Why?
Because they trust the person doing the teaching.Which is not a bad thing,i just believe you should learn things with an open mind!
Read all that you can on the subject,with eyes wide open,and then make up your mind.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
'My bad' accepted.

Jakyll, so I looked up the word naivety, and of the definitions I found, this was included: "deficient in worldly wisdom or infromed judgement".

I don't know if you and Webster used to kick it back in the days, and wether you were one of his consultants for the entries, according to Webster and Miriam, you are calling many many people naive. And that's alright, because many many people are naive. My point in this is to show you that you lose credibility when you deny a supposed accusation that can be proven rather easily. I understand not telling people their breath stinks, but you can at least hand them a mint, and if you're lucky they'll be the ones that can put two and two together, but if not, well, then you still want to tell them very modestly that they're breath does stink when asked by them... according to your sense of smell.

I do agree with your belief about reading everything you can on a subject, such as faith, with eyes wide open and making up your mind. However, we differ in the scope of our findings. What you call contradictions I call reading out of context. I'm going to guess and say that though, you've already had an open mind on this subject, and that you are indeed convinced that they are contradictions, and now your mind is very made up, and decided, or otherwise known as closed.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I don't know if you and Webster used to kick it back in the days, and wether you were one of his consultants for the entries, according to Webster and Miriam, you are calling many many people naive.

Lol.Well,i assure you that i have done so unintentionally.

I do agree with your belief about reading everything you can on a subject, such as faith, with eyes wide open and making up your mind. However, we differ in the scope of our findings. What you call contradictions I call reading out of context. I'm going to guess and say that though, you've already had an open mind on this subject, and that you are indeed convinced that they are contradictions, and now your mind is very made up, and decided, or otherwise known as closed.

I see contradictions and reading things out of context as 2 different things.Many a time i have read a verse in a Holy Scripture and i have interpreted it my way,and then someone has given me a different p.o.v. and it either makes more sense or has equal meaning.

Some contradictions i have come across in the Bible i don't jump in and believe immediatly,because as we all know that when writing many years after the fact,events can become a little cloudy.
But then there are things like this,

John.15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

John.16:12 I have yet many things to teach unto you,but ye cannot bear them now.

In one chapter Jesus has taught is followers everything,in the next he still has things to teach them.

In Genesis 1:27 Adam & Eve are created at the same time,but a few lines later,Genesis 2:20-22 Eve is God's lats creation.
Hebrews 6:18 says it is impossible for God to lie,yet in Ezekiel 14:9 God admits that he can decieve people.
In Matthew 28:18 Jesus has all the power of Heaven & Earth,yet in Mark 6:5 "he could there do no mighty work,save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk,and healed them."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join