It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crater From 1908 Russian Space Impact Found, Team Says -- Tunguska Explained?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Crater From 1908 Russian Space Impact Found, Team Says -- Tunguska Explained?

news.nationalgeographic.com

Almost a century after a mysterious explosion in Russia flattened a huge swath of Siberian forest, scientists have found what they believe is a crater made by the cosmic object that made the blast.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If this turns out to be true, I suppose this puts an end to the speculation of the blast resulting from Tesla's "Death Ray" (or whichever Tesla device a particular person subscribes to).

Personally, I was a supporter of the Tesla theory, however, this could put the speculation to rest.

Jasn

news.nationalgeographic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like the case is closed to me. They still haven't found any fragments and have only theorized the lake was formed by an impact. The final sentence in the article says it all.

"We want to dig deeply in the bottom of the lake to definitively test our hypothesis and try to solve the Tunguska mystery," he stated.

Tesla's Death Ray being the cause of the explosion is just a myth. Supposedly, he was going to demonstrate the death ray to Robert E. Perry when he was attempting to reach the North Pole, but Perry didn't leave on the expedition until after the explosion. Check the dates, you will see they don't match.

I do believe it was a meteor or a comet that caused the explosion, but they need to find fragments to finally put it to rest. I hope they find the evidence they need.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Myth and reality have a bad habit of intermingling.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
What's this Death Ray all about?

I haven't heard that particular theory.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DeltaNine

Check this link about a quarter of the way down.

www.world-mysteries.com...

The problem is with the dates of the explosion happened on June 30, 1908 but Perry did not leave on the expedition of the North Pole Until Mid July 1908 and did not reach the North pole until April 6, 1909. The dates are close and a coincidence for sure, but that does not make it true.

new topics

top topics

join