It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discussion Thread for ATS's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition '07 (RESULTS ANNOUNCED)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Welcome to Above Top Secret's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition 2007!

All entries should be submitted here: Above Top Secret's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition 2007

This thread is here to discuss anything pertaining to the competition. All comments, questions, etc., should be posted here.

Good luck to everyone!

Edit: IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Click Here to Read the Announcement.

[edit on 10-11-2007 by chissler]

[edit on 25-11-2007 by chissler]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Just curious about one of the rules:

"Staff members may enter, but their entries are not eligible for judging."

Does that mean mine's just in there for show? No points? No rank? Rank and no points?

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Libra,

You get NOTHING!!! NOTHING I SAY!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think you should be allowed to be judged too... Just my opinion..

By the By..

I'M IN!!!

I really love these contests...

Semper

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Two points of interest...

• Staff Submissions: We really haven't seen many as of late, so this has never been a topic of interest. thelibra is a member of the staff, but I don't see how this should disqualify him from judging. So staff submissions will be judged.

(If anyone has a problem with this, please contact me via u2u to discuss it. Off-topic posts in the thread will be removed.)

• Who's the judge?... YOU'RE THE JUDGE!: To go along with our astute panel of judges, you the member will have an opportunity to judge. If you think a submission is deserving of recognition, star that post! The number of stars that each submission receives will be factored in to the overall total once the judges have completed compiling their scores.

So get starring!

• posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:34 PM
    link   
    May I use one of the submitted avatars... as shown.

You are all very talented!! Great idea.

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 11:56 PM
    link   
    reply to post by yankeerose

I dont mind if you use my avatar, glad you asked so nicely.

I can make myself a new one =)

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 07:24 PM
    link   
    absolutely not.... i will remove it immediately. i had no idea that it was to be private. i honestly thought that using it was supporting you. i had visions of seeing hundreds of them for the holiday. lol... so sorry

it is so cool and perfect for ats... especially the deny hunger part... way to go.

this is my last post with it. please take it as a salute and compliment.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:46 AM
    link   

RESULTS ANNOUNCEMENT!

As another competition has closed, I would once again like to take a moment to congratulate our competitors and our judges who donate their time to ensure the success of these great competitions. We need our members to keep submitting great entries, and we need these fine judges to offer some honest feedback so we can hand out these rewards. So once again, I sincerely thank everyone involved for their hard work here.

This competition was the first time you the members could help judge, and I must say that it had an impact. It has been a strategy for some members to sit back and see what other guys submit, and then drop theirs in at the last minute. It has worked in the past, but with this new format... there is certainly an incentive to getting your submission in early. The longer your submission is visible, the more opportunities you have for it to be starred.

So with that, let's begin.

Lightweight Division Results

We had only three submissions this go round. But what we lacked it quantity, was certainly made up in quality.

• roswell1: Disqualified
  • MountainStar: 31
  • frayed1: 31

Well, it was only in announcing these results did I notice that roswell1's avatar is over the 75kb limit for submissions. So my apologies, but the entry must be disqualified as it does violate the rules for entry. So the winner(s) of this competition are Mountainstar and frayed1.

Both members will be awarded with 5,000 BTS Points for their win.

Heavyweight Division

• Ellipsis: 45
  • thelibra: 38
  • an0maly33: 38
  • rapturas: 32
  • semperfortis: 30
  • motherofsquirrelkiller: 27
  • 1nL1ghtened: 27
  • greeneyedleo: 37
  • shearder: 31

Ellipsis is the winner of this year's Thanksgiving Avatar Competition.

Winning Entry...

This member will be awarded with 15,000 BTS Points.

As a personal "thank you" to everyone who did participate here, an additional 1,000 BTS Points will be awarded to everyone who submitted an entry.

So thank you once again and keep your eyes out for this years Holiday Avatar Competition.

• posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:26 AM
    link   
    CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners!!!!!

Fantastic quality work this year....

Can't wait until the next one..

Semper

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:57 AM
    link   
    Congratulations to the winners...

And thanks to all who participated. :up;

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 10:50 AM
    link   
    Thanks guys !

I am excited to do the next one, these are just soo much darn fun !!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:17 AM
    link   
    Congratulations Everyone!

WOW, I won I can't believe it!

with So many Experts here.

This was really fun thank-you.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:34 AM
    link   
    Givingthanks, and congrats to everyone! all works were very impressive

thelibra & Chissler
    I will gladly donate all my BTS points to thelibra as your one should have one imho irrespective of being a mod or not, was a top effort!

Chissler, if you can take my points and give them to thelibra, be my guest =]

[edit on 25-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:06 PM
    link   
    damn
    , guess I'll try harder next time eh?

congrats to all the other winners!

Roswell.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 06:41 AM
    link   
    Ellipsis - Congrats, mate! Your avi was top drawer, and definitely the best, but don't think you won't be challenged again this Holiday season avi contest.

Rapturas - It's greatly appreciated my friend, but not neccessary. Ellipsis won, fair and square, and tbh, made a better avi than my own. His/her quality only serves to make me want to try even harder for the next contest.

Chissler - A big Thank You to you and the judges for running the contest and letting me compete. I had a lot of fun making the avatar, and look forward to the upcoming Holiday Season Contest. Having people star the entries they liked best was a great idea. You're right, it helps get the submissions in early.

Everyone Else - Thank you for the great submissions. Now make one even better and more nutritious. The next contest is probably only a few weeks away.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:26 AM
    link   
    Grats Ellipsis!

Your entry was the first one I think. I do remember wondering how anyone could top it. =)

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:03 PM
    link   
    Lots of fun and some really fantastic entries EVERYONE. Gonna have to take off the kids gloves for the next contest, competition is getting STIFF!!!

Congrats to all winners and participants!

top topics

join