It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does America want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
People say that Sadams father was in conflict with the father of George bush and that's why George fought with Sadam and killed him. That's the first reason. Another is America said "Iraq is building nuclear weapons" to get the chance to fight for the oil. The actual reason for the war in Iraq was for the Oil. They took the oil out of Iraq to US and than said" O, there isn't any weapon, we were wrong." The same they are doing to Iran now. As I can see America is blaming only the Islamic nations on having Nuclear weapon. Why doesn't it say that for Russia, Japan, and china which also have nuclear weapon?
What does America want?

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Neutrallperson]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   
"POWER... UNLIMITED POWER!!"" HA HA HA HA
(the emperor from Star Wars lol)

If dick cheney (a name that suits) is Darth Vader, who's the emperor??

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Satan is the dark side emperor.

oh, and he has lost!

Jesus retook the world long ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Why is it always America? If it weren't for America this world would be in total choas. Everyone would be speaking German or Japanese. Everytime something bad happens to a country we're there for them, but anything happens in America there's no one. Everybody is jealous that we have the best country in the world and they all want it! America wants peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye Everybody is jealous that we have the best country in the world and they all want it! America wants peace.

lol... how many countries do you actually KNOW?

United States is far from the "best country in the world".

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Oh course the American government wants peace...it's just that i reckon the way they want to get peace is by initiating that whole NWO jingo and sticking everyone underneath their power as slaves.

And why not? That way they get both peace AND all the power in the world. It's win win for them. Only downer is that it's lose lose for the rest of humanity.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutrallperson

Just a slight clarification to your initial ramblings.

Japan does not have nuclear weapons.

Becker

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Neutrallperson

Alan Greenspan said it was about oil in his recent book. I think this is true, but I think they also wanted this rise in the price of oil at least for the present (perhaps the price of oil actually will go down if they ever start pumping a lot out of Iraq). Bush and his buddies have cashed in like vultures, while the rest of us have felt the pain at the pump.

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
America wants peace.

Peace if only the other country first agrees to open its resources and labor to our companies, and our economic system where share holders(who don't live in other country) get the profits from said resources and labor.

Unless you misspelled and meant America wants a piece of every part of the world.

And I live in America, but I also know a little history.

I laugh when people say we are the best country also.

49th in education
Only modern nation without universal health coverage
Very low average knowledge of world compared with other country citizens
Highest disparity from CEO to average wage, 420 to 1, japan is like 20 to 1 Britian is like 80 to 1
Highest Obesity, must be all those growth hormones in the food supply
Most drugged up Children (Ritlin) will be 10% in 5 years or so, 30% of foster kids currently
Highest Prison population in the world
Most people banned from voting (compared to other democracies) Felons can't vote
Has killed more people in wars since 1950 then all other countries combined. Civil war totals in africa are close, but that 1.1 million in Vietnam really gave us a boast on this one.
Very Low approval rating from others in world
Largest world debt (I think)
Largest Military budget vs social spending.
Highest civilian murder rate. (in modern nations)

and

The richest upper class with the lowest taxes

[edit on 9-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I disagree with most of your points in measurements determining the "greatness" of a country, as they're subjective, but you've got to be out of your mind if you believe the US has the largest debt (as % of GDP) or lowest tax rate for the highest bracket.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Folks, it's called a war for resources.. We can sit back and let Communist China grab it before we do, then the whole freaking world will be in trouble. Naw, "Dear ol' China" would never do that.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I know there's alot of bullcrap going on in America and alot of politicians are selling us out. But there is not another country that I would want to live in. Don't get me wrong, I like all the countries and wish them well, but I'm not selling out America. I just wish everyone against the government would rise up and put a stop to the governments take over. I want less government and more citizens involved with our country. But the sad thing is that the democrats put on their labels and complain, the republicans put on their labels and complain, everybody puts on their labels and complains but nobody is doing anything about it. I love my country just like every one loves their own country, but I hate whats going on in America with these politicians .

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

About voting, the hell with the fellons and alot of other people too! You don't have a right to vote in america and it's not in the constitution. There's alot of people that don't need to vote in america but that's another topic for discussion.

new topics

top topics

join