It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia drought- Why is this not a bigger deal?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I had a fleeting thought while reading the following story: CNN - Feds okay drought deal

It just might be that the planet is doing what it needs to do to maintain equilibrium. The southeastern US, and other areas of the globe, are in serious drought while at the same time glaciers, etc., are melting like mad.

Is it possible that there is a planetary ebb and flow with respect to how much water is in what state (solid/liquid/gas) at any given time?

I don't claim any scientific credentials. No flaming please. At least you can't yell at me for starting a new thread. I did my search like a good dawg!

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well, until a couple weeks ago, the situation was actually improving, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor here:

drought.unl.edu...

Also, there should be some seasonal relief coming soon in the form of tropical storms. Unless those global warming folks were all lying about more and heavier storms happening.

In the meantime, us folks in California have an old saying, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down."

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

RE: Yellow & Brown

I guess you've never had to scrub a toilet bowl. That method of disposal, while environmentally sound, guarantees a reeking bathroom!

I bet California has a smell to it.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

oh THAT'S why it tasts like #!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join