It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Roswell investigation a "cold case"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

By definition, yes.

www.enotes.com...

A cold case is any criminal investigation by a law enforcement agency that has not been solved for (generally) at least one year and

There is little to no hope of finding any real evidence supporting any theory, no matter how extraordinary or mundane, simply because of the age of the case and its nature. Considering there have been no real conclusions, I would say the case is completely dead barring the parties involved explaining precisely what happened (which in all probability was a test of secret cold-war tech, just like they claimed, but probably not the precise tech they claimed it to be). It makes for good stories though.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Roswell contains no Alien info anymore. It has all been moved to a more secure, more secret location which I am not at liberty to release. DO a lil digging and you can find it.

Now the DUlce, NM base is what you should be researching. Weird things are taking place there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

You're basing that on rumors and / or "sources". It is pure speculation. When people claim things like "which I am not at liberty to release" it really speaks volumes about you. If you were privy to genuine information you would not hint at it, you would either spill the beans or clam up entirely. No one goes halfway with secrets. You are rather clearly an attention-seeker or a person who enjoys the image of authority. Sorry for the cold analysis, but people who make such claims with absolutely no evidence whatsoever really sicken me. You *don't* know and you either realize this and like attention (best case) or you don't realize it at all and are gullible (worst case).

[edit on 11-7-2009 by JScytale]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't think we should ever write Roswell off. The event may be leaving living memory, which I guess is the most reliable testimony you can get. But many of the people involved in the whole deal had kids. Jessie Marcel's son is a good example of the type of people we should be listening to. I really think that after so long, people should no longer be scared to tell what they know.

And I really think with the amount of people involved, there must be at least a few people out there who have new information they're too scared to come forwards with. Back in 47 there were no real protocols about how to deal with things like this, that's why there was such a messy coverup of the whole thing.

This video is what makes me think a fair few people might have information. Don't know if this has been debunked or not, apologies if it has. But this looks authentic to me. This is basically a short clip of film taken after the supposed crash retrieval.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

I understand your point, but I believe people coming forward isn't real evidence considering personal motives and lack of supporting evidence. It keeps the theories alive, but not the case, in my eyes. Star though for a good approach.

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Yep I agree with you there. I was careful to call it "the most reliable testimony" As I feel that even first hand testimony from eminently qualified people should not automatically be assumed to be reliable.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I don't think we should ever write Roswell off. The event may be leaving living memory, which I guess is the most reliable testimony you can get. But many of the people involved in the whole deal had kids. Jessie Marcel's son is a good example of the type of people we should be listening to. I really think that after so long, people should no longer be scared to tell what they know.

And I really think with the amount of people involved, there must be at least a few people out there who have new information they're too scared to come forwards with. Back in 47 there were no real protocols about how to deal with things like this, that's why there was such a messy coverup of the whole thing.

This video is what makes me think a fair few people might have information. Don't know if this has been debunked or not, apologies if it has. But this looks authentic to me. This is basically a short clip of film taken after the supposed crash retrieval.

This clip was added on to the end of the admittedly fake Alien Autopsy video when it hit Youtube. Clever editing and film faking. You don't get a chance to see anything for more than a couple frames. The doctor is anachronistically dressed in 60s onward surgical mask and gown.

No one's scared of Roswell confessing. New witnesses and family deathbed confessions keep pop out of the woodwork every year. They invariably turn out to be be cons, attempts to get into the history books, prompting by investigators.

No substance emerges. No credible scientist, physician, military personnel, file clerk, has ever come forward saying they saw or dealt with alien technology, bodies, etc. There would have been hundreds of experts and academics from every field consulted.

A self-sustaining myth. Lots of stories. Zero tangible evidence.

Mike

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael
A self-sustaining myth. Lots of stories. Zero tangible evidence.

You're looking at the trees and not seeing the forest. Roswell is just one case and it is a compelling one. Best natural explanation for the entire period, by which I mean the Truman administration, giant mis-information campaign designed to intimidate the Soviets.

There was a pattern of behavior and action at the very top, including Truman. They weren't acting over myth and fantasy and they were acting.

It's either one or the other, disinfo or legit, but it isn't nothing.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
You're looking at the trees and not seeing the forest. Roswell is just one case and it is a compelling one. Best natural explanation for the entire period, by which I mean the Truman administration, giant mis-information campaign designed to intimidate the Soviets.

There was a pattern of behavior and action at the very top, including Truman. They weren't acting over myth and fantasy and they were acting.

With all due respect, from someone who in another life had to go through thousands of Truman era newspapers researching something unrelated, I think you're retroengineering Roswell's importance.

The Russians were no doubt monitoring relevant scientific news events. But in the most intense period of newspapers, magazine publishing in history, with radio news, and even television, Roswell wasn't even a blip on the radar screen. Flying Saucer stories were barely acknowledged fairly soon as so many reports turned out to be duds.

Reverberations with the fraudulent Aztec NM story based on Roswell, then the screen goes blank until Stanton Friedman interviews Jesse Marcel who at first doesn't even remember what yer it happened.

Strip away the appended mythologies and all hard facts, the documentation, or the lack of it, zero reliable testimony of crafts or aliens, and we are left to an overreaction to some silvery balloon material in a field.

We have a couple pictures of it.

Mike

[edit on 16-7-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13

Strip away the appended mythologies and all hard facts, the documentation, or the lack of it, zero reliable testimony of crafts or aliens, and we are left to an overreaction to some silvery balloon material in a field.

We have a couple pictures of it.

It wasn't ANY silvery balloon, that project had the same secret classification as the atomic bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course there was a cover-up!!!! They didn't want word of the secret project to leak out!!!!!

Before 1997, I could see why there was a fuss over Roswell. The pieces didn't add up. If it was just a weather balloon, why were guys threatening to kill people for talking about what they saw? But when we had disclosure in 1997 that it was an A-bomb level secret project that was covered up and presented falsely to the public as a weather balloon, all the pieces fell into place.

I have researched it and I haven't found ANY credible evidence to suggest it was anything other than exactly what the government said it was back in 1997, not that I believe everything they tell me after they just admitted to lying to us about it for 50 years.

So I think the Roswell case was dead in 1998.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
It wasn't ANY silvery balloon, that project had the same secret classification as the atomic bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course there was a cover-up!!!! They didn't want word of the secret project to leak out!!!!!

Before 1997, I could see why there was a fuss over Roswell. The pieces didn't add up. If it was just a weather balloon, why were guys threatening to kill people for talking about what they saw? But when we had disclosure in 1997 that it was an A-bomb level secret project that was covered up and presented falsely to the public as a weather balloon, all the pieces fell into place.

I have researched it and I haven't found ANY credible evidence to suggest it was anything other than exactly what the government said it was back in 1997, not that I believe everything they tell me after they just admitted to lying to us about it for 50 years.

So I think the Roswell case was dead in 1998.

I'm with you on your conclusions, but was unaware of any government released info beyond Project Mogul.

Any further info appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I could not agree more, they have said everything they are going to ever say on the subject in 97. Disclosure being the appropriate word i don't really agree, the real truth is something they don't know the definition of in government circles, 50 years of bs... cant really hurt to feed everyone a little bit more and lie again.

I really have my doubts about Roswell and its incredibly publicised story, I don't doubt for a second people saw something, as to what we will never know. One possibility i have always thought never spoken about is that Roswell was a 'honeypot' whilst people everywhere investigated, and really believed something very special was within reach of being exposed and changing everything, their eyes were off the ball and other things less so or not publicised at all were being over looked and not receiving the same attention. I think they new full well the weather balloon excuse would not cut it with most people, making people dig harder and more determined something big was being covered up. How many hours of research, debate and questioning have lead to no significant evidence surfacing? Now what if all those hours were focused on other events with more possibility of unearthing even the smallest amount of hard evidence?

The fact that people still find Roswell a serious topic and are looking for evidence of a cover up still astounds me... How many more TV shows have to be made telling the story and keeping everyone still wondering, in my opinion all leads are exhausted, they have had a long time and found nothing in the way of hard evidence. I just wonder what everyone could of missed in the meantime. The size to which the Roswell incident has grown, even the MSM still talk about it now and again... Smells fishy to me.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'm with you on your conclusions, but was unaware of any government released info beyond Project Mogul.

Any further info appreciated.
Thanks
Mike

GOVERNMENT RECORDS - RESULTS OF A SEARCH FOR RECORDS CONCERNING THE 1947 CRASH NEAR ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO

In the July 1994 Report of Air Force Research Regarding the Roswell Incident, the Air Force did not dispute that something happened near Roswell, but reported that the most likely source of the wreckage was from a balloon-launched classified government project designed to determine the state of Soviet nuclear weapons research.

So that report says it was a classified project. The following report says "most of" the Mogul stuff wasn't classified but that implies that some was classified, so I'm guessing the Roswell sighting fell into that category.:

Air Force News Special Report Roswell Report: Case Closed

That 1997 report went beyond the 1994 report to tie up some loose ends that had been interwoven into the Roswell mythology.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders
One possibility i have always thought never spoken about is that Roswell was a 'honeypot' whilst people everywhere investigated, and really believed something very special was within reach of being exposed and changing everything, their eyes were off the ball and other things less so or not publicised at all were being over looked and not receiving the same attention. I think they new full well the weather balloon excuse would not cut it with most people, making people dig harder and more determined something big was being covered up. How many hours of research, debate and questioning have lead to no significant evidence surfacing? Now what if all those hours were focused on other events with more possibility of unearthing even the smallest amount of hard evidence?

The honeypot theory is a possibility. I think they probably do have some interesting evidence, for example I find Gordon Cooper's testimony of a strange craft landing and taking off with a film crew filming it to be credible, but the film is confiscated and never seen again...hmmmm wonder what is really on that film?

People were distracted by things like trying to find that key witness Naomi Maria Self, and the more times Glenn Dennis was asked about it, the more his story became inconsistent until it finally became apparent that she never existed www.roswellfiles.com...
You start really digging into every lead and they all start falling apart like that one until you realize what really happened there. So yeah if that was their intent, I'd say they kept our eye off the ball pretty well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join