It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming 'Greatest Scam in History'

newsbusters.org

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
icecap.us

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Al Gore is wrong on global warming
Global Warming Theory takes a hit!

[edit on 8/11/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I have said it over and over again. People need to wake up to this or else you are going to wake up to taxes like you have never seen. The govenment does not care about global warming, what they care about is all the new "green" taxes they can levy on you. I rread all your postings and can't believe that you don't see it. Everyone rants and raves about government getting involved in everyday life and controlling things, yet you are all more than willing to give up your life styles to the government "intervention" and then happily pay new taxes.

Please, please, please.....wake up people. This scam is even bigger than the whole Y2K thing.

newsbusters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What? No environmentalists out there screaming today????

Usually I have 10 nasty responses by now.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nothing nasty here. I agree.

I've been saying the same thing all along. There is no global warming. The government is just preying on the publics inability to research things and know the truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hmmm, it'd make more sense if it hadn't taken politicians 2 decades to catch up and jump on the GW bandwagon

That said, I do despair at the continuing obsession with carbon emissions .....

Be interesting what happens over the next decade when the globe continues not to warm, and maybe even cools, and yet the effects of anthropogenic climate change worsen ..... The scam isn't from the scientists. It's from the politicians and so-call environmentalists who've not read the full story and misrepresented what's happening to the public.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
There is 'NO GLOBAL WARMING!' Move along folks, nothing to see here. Psshad. melbourne.indymedia.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
The government is just preying on the publics inability to research things and know the truth.

Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Would that government that's preying on the public and steering huge research grants "to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims" be the same government that constantly denies global warming and refuses to get on board with any international greenhouse gas reduction programs?

How exactly does that work then?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
It works quite simply. It can go both ways because there are two different parties in this country with two different views.

On one hand, you have the left wing nuts who are shouting "the world is ending, the world is ending" about global warming. People like Al Gore preaching about walking to work while he zips around in his private jet accepting donations.

On the other hand, you have conservatives who realize that all this talk about global warming is nothing more than alarmist propaganda.

Therefore you have some government who wants to sell this global warming agenda to the public for their own gain. And at the same time you have some government saying that there is no global warming and everyone should just calm down.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So... the "left wing nuts" have been able to create global warming and steer "huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. " while the Republicans have had firm control of the Presidency and both houses since 2001.

I wonder why they're bothering to run for the next election. They've really been running the country all this time and I had no idea...

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Nicely put NYK. If people just realized how true my signature statement is, the world would be a much easier place to live. know your history, live in the present, know your future. Everything comes around over and over again. Cycles. Cycles. Cycles. The earth heats, the earth cools, the earth heats, the earth cools. Stocks go up, stocks go down, stocks go up, stocks go down. I made a living off noticing trends in the stock market. Buy high, sell low....the trend is your friend, trade the trend.

Cabbage patch kids, a huge success story in the late 70's. Brought back in the early 90's. Rubix Cube, huge success story in the late 70's, early 80's. Back again this year. My daughter is 9, she got a rubix cube from a friend for a birthday. She thought it was awesome, all her friends have them. SHE COULD NOT BELIEVE I KNEW WHAT IT WAS. I told her I had one when i was her age, she was shocked.

Everything goes in cycles. The housing cyclce. Whole economies. Nature works in cycles. The tides are an example of cycles, the moon coming and going, another cycle.

No one seems to disagree that global warming has happened before, and everyone seems to agree it will happen again. But what everyone does seem to be arguing is how fast the current rise in temps are going up. Honestly its the prediction of the rise that you are arguing, and that gets adjusted (corrected) every year. Who is to say that such a pace never did occur at another time in our history? Do you have the data to say it never did???? Again, as I have said before, the burden of proving your theory falls on you, not on us to disprove it. We will gladly disprove your theory once yours is proven and ACCEPTED AS SCIENCE. You can't disprove something that is updated and adjusted daily to meet your end goal.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
So... the "left wing nuts" have been able to create global warming and steer "huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. " while the Republicans have had firm control of the Presidency and both houses since 2001.

I wonder why they're bothering to run for the next election. They've really been running the country all this time and I had no idea...

LOL, I have to agree.

Anyways I cannot understand why many people fight the global warming 'invention' so agressively? You just want to oppose the masses? Where do YOU get your facts?

Even if it IS a sham... which I do not believe... whats wrong with protecting the nature and Earth? All we need to do is make sure that whatever money they take from us under the green taxes etc, is put into use the right way - supporting green technologies, research etc. Even IF there is no global warming, acting like there IS can only do our world good.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alphard

Nothing is wrong with protecting the earth. Just don't tell me how to live my life, force laws down my throat and take my taxes to clean something up I did not do.

I am sick and tired of having the fear of global warming shoved down my throat. Maybe we should move to Mars, oh wait, our industries have caused global warming there too. Damn Martian polar ice caps.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
reply to post by Alphard

Nothing is wrong with protecting the earth. Just don't tell me how to live my life, force laws down my throat and take my taxes to clean something up I did not do.

Thank-you. This is exactly what I believe is the most important motivator of the people who preach 'there is no global warming'. It is just too uncomfortable to admit that they are actually also responsible and it is far too uncomfortable to change one''s habits. It is FAR easier to say that the message is incorrect. Just push the blame.

Laws are not bad themselves. We have laws that we should not kill people either. 'Don't force laws down my throat'? LOL indeed

Edit: Even if you do live in a bush somewhere and have NO impact on environment, you are still part of the human race and bear the collective responsibility of keeping our home clean. Does every member of your family only buy the food he or she eats? everyone only for himself herself? and everyone washes their own cloathes and dishes etc? there is such a thing as cooperation for the common good

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Alphard]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
As others have already said, it seems like many people just don't get it. I don't oppose taking care of our earth.

What I oppose are fear tactics and political bullying. I oppose people like Al Gore telling me to ride my bike to work while he zips around in his private jet and rides around in limousines.

I oppose the government pointing it's finger at me and saying "global warming" is my fault. It's all hypocrisy and lies.

Take a look back in time if you will. 30 years ago the same type of political and environmental alarmist were preaching about we were approaching the next ice age! Now they are yelling that the ice is melting and the earth is heating!

This cycle has gone on since the earth began, and will continue to do so forever. I guarantee you are children or grandchildren will have to deal with the "ice age" crap again in their lifetime. It's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
OK, here is my take on Global Warming..

Take into account the fact that we a species are the only ones that burn things on regular basis. Consider the rest of the life forms on this planet don't.

Volcanoes erupt, but is it a lot less often than we burn something? Less carbon?

How many billion people on the earth now?

How many Volcanoes?

Do we know how much carbon all of the volcanoes spew into the atmosphere compared to what we do?

If the data shows that both human AND natural carbon emissions unnaturally accelerates the cycles of ice age, then indeed we ARE responsible for changing our climate.

Call it what you will.

I think this thread need some graphs...would anyone care to help me make some? Can we use Google Earth layers?

This would be a fantastic thing to do here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think the Weather Channel founder is just jealous because ALGore
won a Nobel Prize. That aside, of course there is Global Warming
and Global Cooling. To think that we're sitting on some static ball
of rock that isn't influenced by what occurs in the universe around
us is ludicrous. It's been occuring in cycles for millenia and won't
stop just because we (humans) cut back on...anything.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
OK Examiner

You said: Take into account the fact that we a species are the only ones that burn things on regular basis. Consider the rest of the life forms on this planet don't.

I say: Forest fires burn land then "we" do every year. Whats causes most forest fires? Lightning. What allows them to spread? environmentalists not allowing to protectively thin out such forests.

You said: Volcanoes erupt, but is it a lot less often than we burn something? Less carbon?

I say: 1 major volcanic eruption will pump more climate altering gasses into the earth then man can do in a year

You said: How many billion people on the earth now?

I say: More people also following cleaner living practices, so I say it's a wash.
Hundreds of years ago, people were more concentrated in areas, now they are spread out across the globe. We burned more wood back then due to basic heating in our homes becuase we had not yet learned how to burn oil as a fuel.

You said: How many Volcanoes?

Do we know how much carbon all of the volcanoes spew into the atmosphere compared to what we do?

I say: please do not forget about all the active volcanos sitting below the surface of the oceans. Oceans make up 75% of the earth, thats a lot of volcanos. They are spewing their gasses directly into the oceans, playing directly into the heating of the worlds oceans.

You said: If the data shows that both human AND natural carbon emissions unnaturally accelerates the cycles of ice age, then indeed we ARE responsible for changing our climate.

I say: show me where you have aboslute proof this is occuring at a more rapid rate than it did 10,000 years ago. YOU CAN'T. Data is not available, so assumptions are made. Science is not based on assumption...THEORY is.

You said: Call it what you will.

I say: OK, I call it theory or junk science.

You said: I think this thread need some graphs...would anyone care to help me make some? Can we use Google Earth layers?

I say: Graphs? that will be based on data, that has been shown to be incorrect time and time again. Total time periods have been left out of these theories because they do not work to prove the point. Hence the debunking of the so called "hockey stick" theory, something AlGore relied on heavily in his production of the Incovenient(incorrect) truth.
By the way, we have seen the same graphs and charts posted on other threads, so save the bandwith......

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I think the Weather Channel founder is just jealous because ALGore
won a Nobel Prize.

There wasn't anything nobel about it and he shouldn't have it. Gores research is based on lies and disinformation all to make him rich. Man what money can do to a person.

He didn't stand down any armies or create piece with this crap. He's making money off fear and ignorance. There's is nothing we can or cannot do to stop the eath warming & cooling cycles. And if we could stop it, then it's time to find another planet cause that would really mess the earth up. I'm all for taking care of this planet too, but please do it with some commonsense.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
When I saw the thread topic and mentioned the Weather Channel founder, I had to take a look. I remember John Coleman as a weatherman for ABC's Good Morning America show with him quitting for the start up 24 hour weather baby he had. If anyone else had been quoted then I would have questioned the source.

As for global warming, thought it was a scam for federal tax money for grants to start with. The only real green about this whole movement is how much money can be spent on a natural cycle.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Simple if you really understand how the U.S. goverment works.

There are two groups in control that sometimes agree and sometimes work against each other. They are the elected officials and the appointed officials (bureaucrats). You would think that since the bureaucrats are appointed by elected officials, they would always be in lock-step, but what happens is the many appointed officials end up staying over past the administration that appointed them. Only the top officials get changed. And there are so many of the retained bureacrats running so many programs that they are basically under no control. They end up setting policies and procedures with little or no oversight, so they are free to do things based on their own political agendas.

Ever wonder why things happen that make no sense given the current administration - Republican or democrat? How the "left wing nuts" have still been able to do all this with Bush in charge?

Now you know.

[edit on 11/8/2007 by centurion1211]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join