It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Countries Considering Abandoning the US Dollar (and what it means)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1

If the dollar actually collapses, it is an event that would bring widespread rioting and chaos. There will be blood in the streets.

Things are starting to get scary.

www.currencytrading.net
(visit the link for the full news article)
their wouldnt be rioting. most people would just t see this on the news and go back to work tommorow. only a very small amount of people even realize that the dollar collapsing is a bad thing. plus their are thousands of people who barely have anything anyway and they're not rioting in the streets (excluding the watts riot and the sort) but poverty will bring a higher crime rate and a reason for the government to crack down in major cities and then smaller cities maybe this is our "second 9/11" that will trigger martial law....but slowly.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In a story reported on this morning's BBC World News, it was stated that "some supermodels" and some other highly paid individuals have started to request that their salaries be paid only in Euros from now on. Here is today's BBC website text version of that story:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Toward the end of that report, the financial markets guru Warren Buffet is quoted as not having confidence in the dollar.

[edit on 11/8/2007 by Uphill]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
America going through a recession is very bad for the world and you have to think about the Millions of people in Africa and other parts of the world that rely on aid from the USA.

A lot of people would go hungry I bet.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
For those who are talking about the Impact that the high Loonie has on Canada, please refer to this thread: Short Sightedness over the Strong Canadian Dollar
It's far from all doom and gloom for us 'Nucks... in fact, we have an opportunity the likes of which we haven't seen for a very long time.

As for the subject at hand, it really is only a matter of time before rampant uncontrolled capitalism reaches it's logical conclusion. What we are seeing now is the natural result of the system. You simply cannot continue to live beyond your means without suffering eventual fallout. Aggravating the rest of the world certainly doesn't help. The US has given the world motive to actively undermine their economy.

And a note to those who have said that there is hypocrisy involved in dancing on the grave of a failing system, I say that no change can happen without first removing the old system. Yes, there's likely hard times ahead, but I say suck it up and help move the world towards better things.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
maybe this is our "second 9/11" that will trigger martial law....but slowly.

Thats a very good question. Reminds me of the frog in the boiling pot. If you crank up the heat quickly he will bail. But if you slowly raise the heat little by little, he will relax thinking its a jacuzzi till its too late.

Will the average american realize just whats happening to the dollar in his/her pocket before its too late, or will there even be a too late. Just whats to come if this continues to dwindle and fall.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I have never said I hate America, nor do I... I have after all served and served honorably. What I do hate is the politics of division and an attitude of some on the right that if you don't agree with them that you do hate America.

As for a freudian slip... I tend to type faster than I should and things slip in but it twernt no freudian.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Please people. Nothing is collapsing. Business cycles. business cycles. Business cycles.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by traderonwallst

Haha....replying to myself.

Buy the US$ no later than January. The slow but steady decline is ending, the new trend will be a brighter future!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join