It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day no man knoweth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Most people having an inkling of interest in Western religion have a knowledge of Jesus' words regarding the last day, his return, his coming kingdom have heard the verse about the day that know man knows:

Matthew 24:36 ~
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

The purpose of this thread is not to debate scripturally if Jesus meant his second coming, the 7 year tribulation, his millennial reign, or the sequence of end time events or what type of tribulation you believe in. There are many threads about and for that.

Instead, this is the anti-date-setting thread. For many people, myself included, have thought to come up with possible dates for end times events. If no man knoweth that day and one advertises it might happen on such and such day because of certain connecting factors, then the opposite must really be true.

For if something happens when we least expect it, the day that no man knoweth must be a day that no one pays any respect to, a day that is not connected to Judaism or Christianity, a day that represents plainness.

Which day could that be? If you think it might be around a Jewish feast, then it would have to be wrong since it could clearly be connected and we would then "know" about it.

So lets here your ideas. When does the world end and please tell us why it can't possibly be that day.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

hence why i said there was no theological basis for the call of jesus coming in the next 40 days in that other thread...

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

hence why i said there was no theological basis for the call of jesus coming in the next 40 days in that other thread...

It sure would be nice though?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
More things have to pass. The third temple must be established among others. The false Christ must establish a false peace etc. I don't know when the next page will be turned, but I know there are those who still need to hear the gospel.

The workers must do their work. The boss has his own affairs to attend to. Let our work carry on in his name.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This also what he says is true about coming like a theif in the night.

Another interesting thing about the end is Paul prohpecying about in the last days people will be proud, evil, hateful, hateful to parents, disobiedient, gluttonist, and finally glorying in their shame.

what other age have people gloried in sin than this?

You can look at shows like jerry springer or such and such which glorifies hatred and perversion to see where we are headed.

But whats going to happen is, WW3, the last pope will be antichrist and he will want to be worshipped as God. Hes going to work false miracles to such a degree that even us Christians might be fooled.

The world will merge into one, one bankig system. What the mark of beast is I dont know. I dont know if its the chip or not, but you will have to almost starve to death without it (this is where faith and trust come in)

Nonetheless, the world will be programmed (because the culture doesnt believe in sin anymore), to live in paradise with antichrist and that the end times is foolishness.

Thats one reason I believe the 2000 thing was drummed into peoples heads, to give them sort of a comfort afterwards that nothing happened.

WW3 was predicted by many saints. They talked about airplanes, bombs, and cars years before they existed.

They say it will be filled with poisoness gases, and that this war will wipe most people out, until God intervenes and stops the evil.

The pathetic Antichirst will have only a 3/1/2 year reign, but Two witnesses, Enoch and Elias will condemn him. They will be hated by the world.

The day?

I have no clue, but soon.

peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
The day?

I have no clue, but soon.

peace.

All that's required in this thread is to tell us what day it definitely is not. We are finding the day by eliminating all the wise choices.

For example, it definitely WON'T be on Christmas, because some people believe that is Jesus' birthday.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Since every single day of the year could be chosen for this, the only remaining possibility is that the calender (and the clock?) CHANGES, and one of new days becomes the day.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

That's a strong possibility especially with all the prophecy of "the new star" that is floating around the net.

I have heard of the Hopi prophecy, Nostradamus, and a mention of Sister Lucia of Fatima all making mention of a new star born in the heavens. Maybe that is the new day that know man knoweth.

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If you look at that phrase carefully, you can see what it says. It does not say the day no man knoweth, but the day knoweth no man.

I think it's after all humans are gone....post apocolypse.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Nobody knows when will Jesus Christ comes, His second coming.

However, we can actually know the signs of His coming:

Joel 2:31

The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD comes.

Matthew 24:30

then will appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory;

Genesis 1

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs,

--

Analyzing the verses above, it is noted that there will be a solar eclipse and a red lunar eclipse happening before the Lord comes. As written in Genesis 1, let them (the sun and the moon) be for signs.

A bloody moon:

Here's a scientific explanation by NASA why the moon turns to blood:

science.nasa.gov...

This is the sign of the Son of man in heaven, the blood moon. The sign of Jesus 2nd coming. Don't ever look forward for this day. If you are going to witness this in the future and you are still on Earth, your fate is sealed for this is a terrible day.

As NASA has quoted:

"October 13, 2004: According to folklore, October's full moon is called the "Hunter's Moon" or sometimes the "Blood Moon." It gets its name from hunters who tracked and killed their prey by autumn moonlight, stockpiling food for the winter ahead. You can picture them: silent figures padding through the forest, the moon overhead, pale as a corpse, its cold light betraying the creatures of the wood."

Jeremiah 16

16 Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.

Matthew 10:34

"Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Isaiah 13

7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt: 8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames. 9 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it.

2 Thessalonians 2

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

--

This is the fate of those who believed not the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

With regards to His 2nd coming, this is the only way we can know - by looking at celestial bodies like the sun and the moon.

Perhaps it might help you a bit by studying future solar eclipses. But, still the problem exist, which solar eclipse?

Here's a list from NASA:

sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov...

You can only guess which one.

[edit on 17-11-2007 by amitheone]

new topics

top topics

join