It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater to police the streets & spread christianity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Tell me something, if they got awarded a contract for the war on drugs, isn't that very close to policing the streets?

Will public safety be privatized?

They have their own Airforce???

I cannot believe this, is this true?

Is this true?????????????????????
THIS IS SCARY

[edit on 5-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

[edit on 5-11-2007 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
yes, and it makes sence, every dictator needs a private army.

one of the 10 steps to dictatorships in history is to set up a private army that can do the black bag things, and is not sworn to uphold the constitution.

Black water is sworn to protect the dollar.

It is a disgrace that they even exist, whats worse is every time they get a billion dollars to pay their soldiers, that money could go to military paychecks and keep those soldiers from leaving the army and joining blackwater.

If they are sent out to patrol US streets, what legal constraints are they under, are they their to protect and serve the citizens, or the people that award them the contracts?

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Not going to happen. A large chunk of the military rightly regards Blackwater as a bunch of unprofessional thugs, if BW did take over, there would be a coup.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
the war on drugs is mostly in south america. the marines and coast gaurd do the majority of that and if we send blackwater down there we can bring those troops home. makes sence to me...

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
YOU ARE ALL WRONG
LOOK AT THIS

They were policing the streets in katrina and driving in vehicles with no license plates complaining there was not enuff action going on.

What in the world is this?
How could so much money come out of taxpayers to privatized security firms at like $40,000 a day????? And the people had no say in it?????

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
found this today. searched but didn't see it posted.
i didn't want to start a new thread.. so i'll just post it here. this seems the most fitting blackwater thread

The US Department of Defense has transferred its armed efforts in Latin and Central America in the War on Drugs to Academi, the private military contractors formerly known as Blackwater, reports BBC Spanish. Before they altered their branding to be known as Xe, then most recently Academi, Blackwater underwent immense criticism for a series of scandals involving contract employees executing civilians throughout the Middle East. That same company that trained contractors to mercilessly slay helpless Iraqis will now be ushering military contractors south of the border to help combat the War on Drugs there, the outlet reports. With the Constitution only legally allowing the Pentagon to get away with so much, the BBC reports that the transition of control to private contractors will allow them to get away with what “US military forces are not allowed or not encouraged to do.”

rt.com...

my thoughts is the war on drugs has already been lost, and it's time to change strategy..
but alas, they'll spend more cash (basically off the books now) and probably not take down any "cartels" (quoted cause i think they are/are in cahoots with, the cartels, and it's all a facade)
all i forsee is many civilian and poor lowly farmers being killed.

all the while blackwater makes more money and continues to grow. bad news all around.

top topics

join