It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Expansive is the Mind? A Log of sorts with Experiments to follow.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
So I've been thinking lately and noticed on ATS there is really no specific thread dedicated to theories about the supernatural. So I decided to start one. This thread will be as small or as large as the ATS community makes it. Anyone with a theory on Ghosts, Demons, Elementals, Different Dimensions, and anything else supernaturally entailed is encouraged strongly to post. These theory's will be looked at analyzed and above all else not scrutinized, anyone getting to out of hand with back comments on this thread will be deleted from it. The theories will then be compounded into a series of experiments to prove upon them. Well lets get started, two theories of my own to get this thing moving.

1. (Ghosts) The Great Albert Einstien proved that energy cannot be created nor destroyed only passed on. So following this scientific fact the electrical impulse of the body does not simply decay after death. The energy is likely to move forward possibly to another plane but what would keep the energy here. Well in my experience through life there are many heavy emotions that you can personally feel have a bigger impact on your mind: Anger, Hate, Love, Anxiety as being just a few. Now hypothetically if a person dies and still is being driven by one of these key emotions compounded by the thought of a divine purpose the spirit may not leave this plane. Instead it would be bound to it by the greater feeling or energy of it's purpose. A person with an empty conscience may just be more likely to be pulled elsewhere; a different dimention.

2. (Demons) Since the expansive power of the human mind is not entirely understood could it be possible that people created demons. For instance, say a crazy old prophet ten thousand years ago thought he saw a demon, he described it as (I'll be generic) a huge red beast with a lions head and horns. He then persisted to tell everyone of this huge beast; the towns people go crazy get spears and torches and try to route out the beast. The mob goes on a frenzy killing all the carnivorous animals around there town but they never claim the actual beast. The town sacrifices these animals to the beast which now has a name (Lets say) Lucifer. The town people are now thinking about this thing constantly, like it's their job. The beast becomes a tale, the tale becomes legend, the legend becomes religion. Over time the combined thoughts and energy's being thrown at this thing actual make it a reality. So in fact people made the first demons and they gained power through spoken and written word, The more people who hear of it and believe it the more real it becomes.

Just two of my theories hopefully we can get alot of people to post on this topic as well, everyones thoughts are greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well, you'll soon find out that I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as any paranormal/supernatural entity.

But there is a thread here that someone already tried to prove scientifically that there is life after death and failed miserably -- you'll need to read the whole thing to see where the debunking lies, and make up your own mind. Physics can't prove life after death because there is no such thing.

As to demons, I'm not even going to dignify it with a response.

And, to the OP, I'm not trying to be mean, so don't take this as a personal attack, please.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
No I want all views on this thread so I don't take you as being mean at all, I am a skeptic as well these theories are just possibilities of why it could be possible, not actual the reason they are or not. Thanks for the 1st post.

join