It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel Sanders is at Area 51! ( Google Earth Evidence!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
As odd as the title of this thread sounds, it is basically self explanatory. If you head only 26 miles east of Area 51 on Google Earth, you will find a large picture of Colonel Sanders the size of a football field. Yes, Colonel Sanders. I can assure you I did not photoshop this. Check Google Earth yourselves, and I'm sure you'll find the same thing.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XFoxMulderX

I would have loved to have seen that. Unfortunately I couldn't find it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I saw it, but it's to the north, not east.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Could someone please post either a screen shot or exact lat/lon coordinates.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The lat/lon is 37 38 46.29 N 115 45 02.56 W.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Pretty weird huh?!??

Its right directly next to the Little Ale'Inn

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

That really is friggin bizarre, I can't even imagine the meaning behind it. Is it some secret KFC executive heli-pad? Just weird.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
WTF??

Sorry about One liner. I am speechless!

Toogood

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by toogood

I second that WTF...and raise you a what the hell , no friggin way!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
www.kfc.com...

November 14, 2006
KFC CREATES WORLD'S FIRST BRAND VISIBLE FROM SPACE AS COLONEL SANDERS TAKES ONE SMALL STEP FOR HUMANKIND BUT ONE GIANT LEAP FOR FRIED CHICKEN
KFC BOLDLY GOES WHERE NO BRAND HAS GONE BEFORE BY UNVEILING ASTRONOMICAL, 87,500 SQUARE-FOOT, CONTEMPORIZED COLONEL SANDERS LOGO IN AREA 51 DESERT TO LAUNCH "KFC OF THE FUTURE"

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I find it amusing that i had to use the google location for area 51 to find it.

Not a one line post - merely declaring that it exists.

EDIT: For anyone having difficulty finding it, just type Groom Rd into the search box.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Firstly im in shock, obviously KFC have more money than sense. Secondly, im shocked that McDonalds havent done the same. The human species never ceases to amaze me, and not in a good way! What is the point in it being seen from space? Is it an attempt to mock geoglyphs or something? I can only imagine that when the human race has finally wiped itself out that whatever evolves after us is just going to be perplexed more so than we are about ancient geoglyphs. My god

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just wait till the aliens say "take me to your leader" and find out he's not a white haired Southern man with a bolo tie. It will be like Mars Attacks!!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well at least there is some type of explanation for it. Idiotic corporate thinking? Yes, but I'm relieved that there isn't going to be an unsolved KFC mystery to ponder on top of everything else we spend day after day trying to make sense of. If that article hadn't been posted I would have spent the rest of the night thinking about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
lol i wouldnt have lost sleep over it, my only real problem is that they could have spent the money on something more important like feeding the starving and such like, but that would be asking far too much. not saying they should feed KFC to the starving, you are most probably better off starving to death than eating their cacca.

[edit on 2-11-2007 by rapturas]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Whoa now, KFC might be incredibly bad for you, but don't insult the deliciousness of it. I would stab a hobo in the eye for a KFC bowl right now filled with mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, cheese, and gravy.

Seriously though, I see your point. The whole thing is just stupid. They could at least have donated the money to someone who could have made use of it. There is no better advertising than having a good reputation, and possibly some publicity from donating large amounts of money to a charitable organization. That's the business standpoint they should take instead of a giant colonel in the desert as if it was one of the the Nazca lines. On a more human level, they should have used that money for the needy because it is the right thing to do.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You bunch of goofs -- That's not Col. Sanders !

That's John Lear - he's even got his favorite red BBQ apron on.

Anyone can see it's Lear! Sheesh...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Darn it..... John Lear.... what was I thinking. He's out there cooking up theories, and not delicious biscuits.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
www.theregister.co.uk...

Hmmm. We'd advise KFC against the extraterrestrial Original Recipe Chicken plan, because once the Martians get a taste of the company's mouth-watering poultry products, they will surely invade Earth in search of the legendary secret blend of herbs and spices recipe. Either that, or they'll destroy the whole planet from a safe distance.

I like this part, lets see, tell the Kentucky Colonels not to reveal the upcoming ET Disinfo Plan. Once the rise of expectations of the war mongering is caused by them seeing the 'farm' products, they will invade the gardens to find the real secrets being kept, the ones about the drugs and the control. Or they will just riot and tear down the castles.

Just a guess

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
LOL, good good stuff, between this and the games on BTS, I'm not feeling nearly as cynical as usual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join