It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO Pic Over Zapata Falls! Need Help To Figure It Out!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here are a couple of photographs taken by Michael D. MacLaughlin who has kindly given me permission to reproduce the photographs he has taken.

This is the uncropped original photo taken on 8/17/07. This object was flying from west to east, looking north from Zapata Falls lookout point, around 2030 hrs local time.

Taken with a Nikon D-200, lens set at 200mm, 1/125 shutter speed.

The object's forward motion was similar to that of a commercial jetliner. It was moving from left to right at a good clip. The enlargement shows it isn’t a weather balloon, nor a ‘conventional’ aircraft. Probably a Skunk Works/Phantom Works ARD product?

Can anyone figure out what it could be?

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
i'm betting it's some type of drone/recon craft. if i was at home i could provide the blow up i just looked at (using my windows zoom function...)theres a bulbous looking object on what I am assuming the bottom of the craft is. Thats just my guess tho. Very nice pic, very crisp!

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Honestly It looks like a small toy jumbo jet the size of a "hotwheels" car thrown into the air and shot with high shutter speed...

....but thats just me..

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think its a snowflake, or possibly some kind of experimental stealth drone airfraft

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
is that a B-wing bomber from star wars?!?

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
plane, or a piece of paper, says my brain
-B

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
UAV I'd say. I've seen models that look like that, there's no real telling how large it is though, so I don't know for sure.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Actually the direction is a big factor. If it was going to the direction the nose is pointing to, than that's a plane or a toy plane that is controlled by a human. I am sure that is not a "alien" thing. Or it is something small and near. If it would have been a jet=plane than it would make a loud noise.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

This kind of has the shape of a satellite.

here is a shape of one I grabbed for wikipedia. Maybe not this color, but take good look at the shape.

I am not saying that this is would it could be, but it's the closet thing that what it could resemble.

Either that, or a UFO, but I DO NOT think it's a airplane.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I dont believe its an airplane either.
Looks more like a bird.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Clear photo, no clue what it is. Just curious but at 20:30 local time (8:30pm) should there still be a bright blue sky? Maybe it stays lighter longer there, but the sky still looks pretty bright for 8:30 at night.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't know if this is it or not, but what do you all think?

Bird Of Prey

Bird Of Prey

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This board is as bad as Youtube with all the nonsense and totally unproductive remarks. Looks like a bird, snowflake, plane, UAV, model hotwhell, etc. Why are the vision systems of people so messed up? It doesn't look like any of those things. For a plane to fly, I'd expect some kind of distinguishable symmetrical wing structure. Don't people know by now what it takes to keep a plane in the air after 104+ years of aviation?

Again, it's the name (Mclaughlin) of the person given in the 1st post who knows for sure since the pictures originate from him. What is his credibility like? It's either a fake, or if real, it doesn't look much like anything recognizable. No need to just make up flippant explanations.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Is that 500x334 image the uncropped version of a photo taken with a 10 Mpixel camera that has the smallest image size of 1936x1296?

Maybe you weren't told the whole story.

b309302

He said the photo was taken in August.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The top yellow line I made points to what looks like an antenna to me. You may have to zoom in on the picture to see it better.

The bottom line I made points to where there's a space between the object. I thought shadow at first, but it looks to be the same color as the sky.

[edit on 11/2/2007 by Solarskye]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
first thing that popped in my head was, something that is in Earth orbit, a space station or satellite.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It's an odd one, all right. Probably not a balloon. I'm thinking that in spite of how clear the photo seems, there still may be some parts that just aren't showing up in the photo because of shadows and the way those shadows blend into the blue of the sky. Non-reflective surfaces have a way of doing that. Anyway, here's the image tilted a bit.

There also seems to be some kind of big antenna or something underneath it, also helping to cover up possibly the other wing. Maybe some kind of weather monitoring thing. It doesn't look like a commercial airplane.

So the front part curves along a fuselage line, there's a pretty clear tail, engines, etc. It's an odd view, and maybe that's not what it is at all. Could be aliens from space. Could be a white witch on a broom. Or a ghosts. All equally plausible possibilities.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I don't know what is it: my mind says drone, but i'm not sure at all:
the closest thing i've found so far is this one:

I've found some other infos:

On my Flickr site are other lights in the sky that I noticed and posted when I got back from vacation from August 20……..I find it very spooky that in three days I noted a half dozen "objects" taken only a few miles apart in San Luis Valley, Colorado. Ranchers tell me it's a radar dead zone because of the three mountain ranges surrounding the valley. >I was at the Zapata Falls lookout point, due east of the Watchtower, across the San Luis Valley. Zapata Falls is located about four miles south of Great Sand Dunes National Park, Colorado. <The object> maintained a steady course, speed similar to a commercial jet, until it was lost behind a mountain range north of the park.

Source:
www.ufo-blog.com...

And here, there's the link to the blog of the witness, with more pictures:
www.flickr.com...

I have to say that it looks asymmetric, from every point of view.
Maybe, after a search of cross-shaped drones, we'll find something closer than the one i posted.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

He told me he's going to post some more pics of the object. Let's wait and see what he's got!

Cheers!

top topics

join