It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young California Inmates Are Caged, Drugged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - Young California inmates are often locked in cages as punishment, and those with mental problems are frequently drugged and improperly cared for, a state-funded study says.

The California Youth Authority is supposed to rehabilitate its 4,600 young wards, but instead often focuses on punishment such as isolating offenders in wire cages, two experts said in a confidential report obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.

ap.tbo.com...

This is a real shame. The state has an opportunity to help those in rehabilitation, especially at this impressionable age, and yet chose to do otherwise.

State officials are not disputing the findings, and Youth and Adult Correctional Agency spokesman Tip Kindel said Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger's administration inherited the problems but is trying to fix them "on a fast track."

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Man, that's really sad. Try to guarentee they'll go back into a life of crime, if for no other reason then to get back "the man".

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That's horrible to hear about, it obviously can't be doing anyone any good at all. I hope that changes soon.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It is very sad.

But it is a good way to make new enemies for the government to stave off, and save us all like some dilluded self-appointed savior and protector.

think about it for a while...

doesn't this sound like what people do when they want to "program" some one for a specific task?

let me know if you think I'm barking up the wrong tree here.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
California must have a lot of young thugs with the gang problem there, which now is so chic and cool as social product for the music biz and Holly'wood.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Sacramento Itself its one of the quietest , most boring places in the world

top topics

join