It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are fast food places put out to purposely make Americans have major health problems?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was wondering if the government actually put these fast food places out to help most American's have major health issues, so they could spend more money in the hospitals, and come up with more "medicines" to make more money, off of us.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
could be but i believe that if that was the governments main goal there are more subtle ways to go about it.

lets take south carolina for example(thats where im from so thats what i know). we have a fully fuctional nuclear weapons factory here. and it sits on our states largest freshwater river. which feeds in to the ocean our fish also have the highest mecury content. so bad that the dont recomend eating south carolina sea food more than once a month. south carolina is one of the largest seafood producers for the whole country. but do they tell you about our mecury content. those in charge of our water resources have been quoted as saying that they will deal with the problem when people start glowing in the dark

anywho my point is it would be something more along those lines..

i forgot to tell you the name of the site. the savanah river bomb plant and nuclear testing site

[edit on 15pmu62007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont think thats its necessarily the Gov., i think its the Medical industry trying to subjugate the people into getting sick by eating these unhealthy foods at low prices, thus allowing them to get sick to buy their pharmaceutical supplies to make them "better".

But if the Gov. is involved, then its to destroy the morality of the American citizen to be more suceptible to what it does, like drugging them. These foods clog up your brain and thinking, and its not healthy to boot.

All in all, thats my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the above replies were good-to-OK,
i myself think that the 'profit motive' is the real culprit...

but it is an added bonus & leverage point for the fast food people and the processed food makers, to parlay their big bucks-&-tax revenue
into concessions with the FDA....then ultimately with the health industry

but the health industry is a serendipitous cash cow which just happened,
it was not 'targeted'.........at least that's my-humble-opinion

[edit on 30-10-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
While I don't necessarily think the big fast food corporations are involved in conspiracy, I do think, however, that they are milking off a preexisting conspiracy.

What I mean is this, us as Americans these days are always in a hurry.. I'm willing to bet more then half of American families DON'T sit down together for dinner as a family at least twice a week. It's much easier and convenient to drive-thru somewhere real quick and sit your kid's down in front of the TV.

I know plenty of families like this.. I used to spend a lot of time at a friends house in my child hood and every night it was pizza, fast food or something quick made in the microwave or oven, which we ate on TV-trays in front of their huge big screen TV.

It's sad, not enough people notice this as reality. Fortunately, I am thankful I was brought up in a family where we ate dinner together every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Sunday except if me or my sister had a sporting event to attend to or something.

Fast food corporations make huge profit because of the life styles of the majority of Americans.

my .o2

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think fast food joints are the children of good old American capitalism. I highly doubt the government had any involvement.

That's not to say they aren't enjoying and reaping the benefits and opportunities to profit that unexpectedly came from them, however.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I believe the fast food restaurants are put out to purposely make money. That the consumer can't moderate themselves or cook their own food only fuels their profit-making.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's only the nature of the beast. Capitalism, consumerism, whatever you'd like to call it. The government subsidies help, but all the responsibility lay on us as individuals. If it weren't for demand, there would be no supply. I know a lot of the food is altered to pander to our cravings, but I still find that irrelevant considering the major role of self control and individual responsibility.

"You are your own keeper."

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When you have this thing called 'capitalism' people will try to make the maximum amount of profit from the least amount of product. So basically we pay hard earned money for crap...

They say we have choice, but do we really? You're on a low income, $5 at fast food, or $20 anywhere else. What can you afford?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You can make a curry for a week for around five dollars. A stew that can feed an entire family throughout the week for under ten dollars. A good point made by dbates in a previous thread..

If you take individual responsibility out of the equation, you don't understand the problem.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Strange there hasn't been anyone defending fast-food. There's a good question within this -- what else can truckers eat on the road? It's not like a RV where they can get a mini-fridge in there and there's only so far off-road you can go.

The trucker's like has got to be pretty grim, no-dose drugs, endless coffee, highway hypnotism -- there's no other option for food, you can't take a big-rig into suburbs unless they pass grocery stores on some highways, they're totally out of luck.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Maybe they should eat some "new job."

There's always exceptions, but you could still make wise choices in processed foods, including meat. You don't HAVE to go to those places. I guess this is where moderation would play an important role.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yep the elite always make affordable what they would just as soon give to us for free only we'd be suspicious if they did that. Just look at how affordable they've made telivisions and microwaves or how about those damned earharness cellphones? They make us pay for our own poison it's standard problem, reaction, solution!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
reply to post by ANOK

You can make a curry for a week for around five dollars. A stew that can feed an entire family throughout the week for under ten dollars....

Of course, but not everyone has the time or even the use of a kitchen, so eating out is their only choice a lot of the time. I don't have a kitchen, not even a refrigerator...

But I agree we should take more responsibility for ourselves....

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The government subsidizes food companies that make processed food but not organic food companies and organic farmers. That's why processed junk is so cheap and organic is so expensive.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
very similer to a thread I started a long time ago.
Super size my 4th meal. Fast food and Conspiracies

What I learned is never ever ever announce to any body that you think fast food may be involved in any type of conspiracy. I learned very quickly that people don't like that at all.

To answer the OP I think you are totally right.

new topics

top topics

join