It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

moon seen during the day......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
this just occured to me today

sometimes the moon can be seen during the day, i live in the UK, so surely if i can see the moon during the day then people in australia for example cant see the moon during their night???

attempt at a diagram

|

| = moon
= earth
< = UK - me facing the moon during the day
> - australia - during the night facing away from the moon

as australia and the Uk are at opposite sides of the earth, then surely if the UK is facing the moon then australia cannot also be facing it.....

either that or im really stupid and havent listenened in science lessons (im 15)

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by cleggy]

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
the moon rises and sets the same as the sun does. Yes, sometimes you see it durring the day... Now watch it, it will set and it moves around the earth. This is why you don't always see it even when its not a new moon (not lit up).

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
so it was just me being rather stupid as usual then?

just seems kinda weird how i can see the moon during the middle of the day when its midnight in some places on the opposite side of the earth

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You assume you can always see the moon at night....you can't. While you will probably see it once every 24 hours watch to see how long it is visible. The moon setting on the horizon is quite a sight too especialy it is it setting just after dusk.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The moon ,due to it's motion, rises later each successive day, so sometimes you will see it during the day, and sometimes it will be visible at night. Your location on the planet does not matter.

new topics

top topics

join