It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever Met a Vampire? I think I did.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think I saw a vampire, 3 weeks back. Or it could have been a wood elf. Back when I saw it I was hoping it was the latter. I related this story once before on BTS, so I'll just repost the whole thing here.

In response to a question about my camping trip:
---------------------------------------------------------
Camping trip was great. We went into the deep end of the jungle, on high ground near the central mountain ranges. Cold, cold nights. Nice balmy weather during the day. We ate mostly smoked porcupine meat but we managed to snare a mousedeer on the 10th day. That was a treat -- tender. They're very smart and cunning. There was a day when all we could catch was catfish, I couldn't really stomach it on account of the algae taste, despite the fact that the chef tried to cover the taste with lime, so I ate wild fruits that day. Good enough because the previous day we stumbled into a natural orchard packed with fruits.

On the 7th day we saw [things] in the jungle. We didn't speak of it while we were there. Local lore says that you shouldn't. We adhered the the lore as strictly as possible, because it's when you veer away from it is when you get hopelessly lost in the thick jungle. Every year about two dozen people disappear without a trace in the jungles. It's mostly due to not following lore. Can't explain it, but it's the way it is in the Southeast Asian jungle.

Anyway, since I'm no longer in the jungle, I can speak of it. I believe what we saw was an orang bunian. In local folklore, that's analogous to the Western Wood Elves. It was definitely humanoid, about 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall, slender, fair skin, long hair. Probably female. At least I'd prefer to think it was an orang bunian. Better them elves than a pontianak -- a vampire. Whatever it was, it scared us big time. The next day we moved camp to somewhere closer to the local orang asli indigenous tribes. Local legend says that if the elves abduct you, you ain't seeing civilization for at least ten years, if not ever.

I was kind of hoping to see Bigfoot, but then again, it was the wrong jungle. Bigfoot was apparently further south. Then again Bigfoot could be a hoax because it isn't part of the regular cast of jungle characters in local lore.

On the 13th day we got another scare at night, when we were awakened by deep, grunting noises. Turns out it was a pack of wild boars passing through. Still a bit scary, since those things will gore you to death if they feel threatened enough. Several nights we could hear tigers roaring in the distance. Good to know there are still tigers aplenty. Or at least it was those two.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. We found a marijuana tree. Yeah, a tree. Not a bush, not a shrub. A tree. Two storeys tall at least, with a thick central trunk. We didn't partake in it's pleasures, though, since getting stoned in the jungle is big no-no. You might accidentally walk through a 'portal'. Portals are spots in the jungle where you see two almost identical trees standing next to each other, forming a kind of mystical gate. Most people who get lost usually wander into a portal accidentally. If you're ever in a jungle, never, ever walk through those sort of formations. Walk around it. Even the animals do.

Lots of dos and don'ts when entering the jungle. Good for us we had a member in our party who grew up in the rural area, so going into the jungle we had someone who was aware of most if not all the rites.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Orang bunian or pontianak? I leave that to you to decide.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
very interesting stuff about the jungle.
the thing about the portal i wonder if this works for forests and woods as well would be interesting to find out.
ill definatly remember this were ever i go

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very strange jungle outing. I was impressed to hear that you believed and followed the native folklore. Most people choose not to believe in a land's native legends and they as skeptics pass it off as merely fairytales and hocus pocus, but that is where some people get hurt. Sometimes tales are put in place to protect you by telling a story. I'm refering to stuff like whistling alone at night will attract thieves, well it would attract attention and some times the wrong kind of attention. Also stories of lights floating in the woods and how you shouldn't follow them, well I understand that one if you follow things you don't really pay attention to where you are going and you could get lost or hurt expecially at night. So behind every tale of lore there is a truth to help someone. Like morals of stories.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
dee snider of twisted sister had his teeth filed, I wouldn't be surprised if a raver did the same

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i am 1/2 vampire and 1/2 wolf...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by childofthedark
i am 1/2 vampire and 1/2 wolf...

Maybe you should go into films, specifically Underworld.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join