It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials

www.telegraph.co.uk

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smouldering.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was going to post this in the UFOs and Aliens forum, but thought its source was good enough for prime time. Of course there's no confirmation that it was aliens, but it's good to see that it's being seen as a plausible scenario.

With the number of experts involved I doubt they would jump to such massive conclusions without some evidence. Very interesting indeed.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-10-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Interesting.

According to the report the fires were "caused by a high power electro magnetic emissions which were not man made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts."

One could also guess that some government or organization might have tested a satellite weapon.

But then there's this:

The report also detailed a possible UFO landing close to the village, citing "burnt imprints which have not been explained were found in a field."

So if it was aliens, what the hell were they doing there? Seems to me this whole thing with the fires, if done purposely, was done to get attention. The question I'm asking myself is, was this just a show of advanced man-made technology to spread the idea of evil aliens, or was it actually aliens? Or maybe something less extraordinary altogether.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hmm... somehow I think it's unlikely aliens would traverse the vastness of space to just blow up a few appliances in Sicily.

I find the Satan explanation more believable.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Somehow, I find it even more unlikely that you could make a correct assumption in regards to an highly advanced alien race -- in which we know absolutely nothing about. There could be so many possibilities for 'aliens' to have caused such a thing. Just because we know of none of them, it doesn't excuse the probability -- or the possibility.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
i strongly believe in the Umberto Bossi theory , after all he's well known for his separatist positions and on top of that he's married to a sicilian (i sense some bad vibes with the mother in law here)

all jokes aside , aliens ? in sicily ? blowing up fridges and tv's ?
maybe these aliens wear black robes and shiny crosses and run around screaming "SATAN SATAN" and sell expensive protection potions and other balms as they have been doing for a few hundred years now.Very religious people down there you know , keep that in mind , manipulation would be quite easy.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
here's an article(sorry in italian) from an italian site, explaining how strangely all phenomena stopped when the inhabitants where evacuated and placed in other homes ,
" Ironia della sorte, gli studiosi tutti, padroni della zona incriminata oramai deserta e pronta ad essere vivisezionata, nelle settimane successive (siamo verso la fine di febbraio inizi di marzo) non riscontrarono proprio nulla, ossia i fenomeni erano cessati e i risultati delle loro misurazioni (almeno così dissero) risultavano più che normali."
sorry it's in italian
ooops wait.....smell that? smells like bull poo poo
meanwhile gazillions of tourists spend their money in and around the town and dozens of exorcists call "belzebul"
reminds me of salvatore the hunchback in "the name of the rose" (do read the book) who says pointing at a wall painting " and here we have il diavolo".
Ok time for a bath in holy water

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Hmm... somehow I think it's unlikely aliens would traverse the vastness of space to just blow up a few appliances in Sicily.

I find the Satan explanation more believable.

Agreed -- However while i'm not trying to make the case that aliens were involved isn't it possible that the blown appliances were an unexpected side effect of a close encounter (ie landing) rather than the purpose of their visit? I find that to be more plausible (although i'm skeptical of the whole thing tbh).

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Mabye by Aleins they just mean foriengers?

Like Illigal Aliens?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The report also says they have not really reached a conclusion, and someone leaked the idea. Perhaps a UFO nut like us jumped the gun?

Could be ultra secret military weapons as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I think they want to say "HAARP testing" not "aliens"
Yes this is just an idea and I have nothing to sustain it with, but I choose HAARP before aliens for those fires

[edit on 30-10-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Mabye by Aleins they just mean foriengers?

Like Illigal Aliens?

And they have un-natural powers to produce 12 - 15 gigawatts do they?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Why would Foreigner want to blow up Sicilian appliances? My fridge doesn't have an '11' setting... or was that Skid Row...

Let's just humor the post for a minute. Assuming that an alien space craft landed nearby and caused all of this commotion... what can this [possibly] tell us about their method of transportation.

A random train of thought follows;

Very powerful electromagnetic field...
Wasn't that used in the Philadelphia experiment?
Maybe they've learned to manipulate electromagnetism in such a way to allow for warping of space time?
Just some pre-coffee thoughts...

[edit on 30-10-2007 by memoir]

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Has anybody considered Sun storms or other naturally occurring phenomena which regularly fry electrical equipment around the world?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well, they did say:

"We are not saying that little green men from Mars started the fires but that unnatural forces capable of creating a large amount of electromagnetic energy were responsible.

"This is just one possibility we are also looking at another one which involves the testing of top secret weapons by an unknown power which are also capable of producing an enormous amount of energy."

I find the last comment the most likely. Has anyone does a search of the area? Are there any possible research sites hidden away in the countryside?

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
ALL YOUR TOASTER ARE BELONG TO US

i find this interesting. personally i see this is disinfo for a government project out of aviano air force base.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think some things got lost in translation on this story. Alien could mean anything from space or unknown as of yet to man. Or, as a previous poster mentioned, they could be talking about foreigners. Someone probably used the wrong adapter on their hair-dryer or something.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Stop Press

It's an advance landing party from Comet 17/P Holmes.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The aliens have landed! None of our household appliances are safe... back to the stone age!
IMO government something or other would be to blame.

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

But that's just all the more telling isn't it? That the government would put the theory of alien intervention right along side of foreign weapon design? Whether or not aliens caused this event isn't necessarily the story, but that the Italian government knows something that lets them think of the alien situation as a plausible explanation.

Get me?

<<   2  3 >>

join