It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media telling lies about black males

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I use to be prejudiced against black males. I am a white male but when I watched this video it change my whole perspective watch the whole thing

It also explains how the media makes blk ppl think less of themselves

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So basically you are saying that black people are so simple minded as to be easily controlled by the media and convinced how they should view themselves?

/sarcasm

In all serious, this goes along the lines of "blacks are targeted because they put a large number of gun and liquor stores in their neighborhoods". If anyone (or any race) can be so easily controlled and told what to do and when to do it then perhaps they deserve their ultimate fate that comes as the result of an inability to think and act for themselves.

Ya know, maybe black people just like guns and liquor....did anyone ever think of that?

I have no doubts the media makes blacks look bad from time to time (sorry can't watch the vid to comment on it, my net connection here sucks) but they do the same thing to every other race. If anything, they make whites look WORSE because of how quick they are to jump on any crime committed by someone of the white race against a member of any other race (or sexuality).

Jasn

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mikestylez

Hi Mike and welcome to ATS. Here at ATS we do like a bit more than a sentance and link to a video for a thread.

How about you go more into detail about what you see as the media's responsability for this?

Do you think that the glorification of violence, abuse, conspicous consumption, sexism et al. in hip hop etc. also play a larger role?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
nice post, never been biased myself nor prejudice but that video speaks volume. hope that video makes it to mainstream television.!

new topics

top topics

join