It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if America had a population of 1 billion people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Would it ever happen? Originally, I was writing "of 600 million people", but changed to 1 billion. Something to see further in the future, I guess.

What would it be like? Would there be more crimes? More poverty? What would you say? As far as I can say, there's too much to say, or tell...

How about, for 600 million? Would America be still in the same condition as today?

What do you think?

I wasn't sure where to post this, so mods, could you please move the thread to where it's suitable if it does not fit here. Thanks!

(Inspired by the thread, "Should the planet be depopulated?" you can check out here.
)

[edit on 29-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You'd be amazed at the ease of living. Even with the current scale of international diplomacy. The strain from all sort of world markets would be relieved almost absolutely, creating less stress on the environment and the people who live in it.

I will elaborate later, but for now, I need rest. I'm getting to the point where I'm saying conveying entire sentences in my own head and forgetting to write them down as I go. I'm a mess.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Time will tell, I guess.

I'm surprised nobody has put the response to this thread yet.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
You should check out the articles by Frosty Wooldridge. Some pretty frightening information because this country does not have the resources for the population growth.

This is from part 1 of his article title "The Next Added 100 Million Americans". There are 36 parts. A lot of reading.

Here are a few things you can expect in your state as population rises all over this country.

In the next 50 years, you can expect 1,000,000 to as many as 3,000,000 more people added to your state depending on location. Once their numbers manifest, they won’t go away. Why? Because, at the same time, that 100 million spreads to other states! Texas adds 12 million by 2025, Arizona adds five million and California adds 20 million by 2035.

Today, states like Colorado, New Mexico, Arizona and California don’t possess enough water for their residents. Aquifers degrade as fast as diesel engines pump them dry. No matter how many reservoirs they build, it won’t rain or snow more because they add millions of people. Water shortages and rationing will become the norm while green lawns become as extinct five cent candy bars.

At the same time, states like Colorado lost 1.65 million acres of prime farm land to development in the past 10 years. Why? They added 1.3 million people. They will add four million more by 2050. Latest reports show Colorado will lose 3.1 million more acres by 2022. How many by 2050? An additional 2.0 million more acres will be placed under concrete and asphalt via roads, malls and housing. Ask yourself: have you ever seen cows grazing on concrete or have you ever seen corn growing out of pavement? What will be the acreage losses in your state? Your losses will be commensurate to your population growth.

www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Okay, what would the population be in China or India at that time?

The current setup of how the USA is formed would not allow for the population you have. There just isn't enough of anything to sustain it. If you would foresee Canada and maybe Mexico with Latin America to become a new United States, the resources would be more available but there would still be some issues with the economy.

new topics

top topics

join