It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Classical Music (Videos)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Feel free to add any classical music videos (and/or comments) to this thread.

Gidon Kremer - Vivaldi's Four Seasons - Summer (III. Presto)

Gidon Kremer leads the English Chamber Orchestra in playing the third movement of the second concerto of Vivaldi's Four Seasons. 1992

Adagio in G Minor (Albinoni)

Wikipedia Information: Adagio in G minor for strings and organ is a piece arranged by Remo Giazotto (1949) based on the bass line of a slow part of Concerto or Sonata in G minor, composed by Tomaso Giovanni Albinoni, which were found amongst the ruins of the old Saxon State Library, Dresden, which was firebombed by the Allies during World War II.

Elgar - Nimrod (from "Enigma Variations")

Daniel Barenboim with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, opening the 1997 season at Carnegie Hall in this gorgeously performed dedication to the recently deceased Sir Georg Solti. Solti was the previous music director of the CSO for many years.

In the Hall of the Mountain King

"In the hall of the mountain king" from Peer Gynt suite, by Edvard Grieg. Jerusalem Orchestra.

Carmina Burana 'Opening' (O Fortuna) - Munchner...

"Carmina Burana"
'Opening' (O Fortuna)
Music by Carl Orff (1895-1982)
Directed by Jean-Pierre Ponnelle
Munchner Rundfunkorchester
Chor des Bayerischen Rundfunks
Kurt Eichhorn, conductor (1975)

Other threads with music videos can be found here:
Threads Tagged With: music videos, or Similar

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
How to embed videos from YouTube in posts?

Like this. When the link to the video on YouTube is this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mXuzLRVi6qk

...I would use this command to get that video embedded in a post:
[yvid]mXuzLRVi6qk[/yvid]

The result is below:

Nathan Milstein plays Massenet Meditation

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i don't know much classical,i like this version of moonlight sonata though.it's slowed down,with a choir.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Video: Taipei 101 - 2008 Fireworks show.
Audio: Winter (Vivaldi) + Adagio (Mozart)

This building is 509.2 m (1670.60 ft) tall!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
this one was just posted on Youtube the other day:

Finale from Sinfonie Concertante K.V.364 - Mozart (1975)

here's a few more from a dude named Zack Kim; this dude rocks, he plays two guitars at once...

Canon in D - J.Pachelbel

Prelude No.3 in C#major - J.S.Bach

Fur Elise - L.V.Beethoven

[edit on 10 1Jan 08 by m3rlz]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
One of my favorites. Nice calm soothing....ahhhhhhh...

Debussy-STOKOWSKI 'Clair de Lune'

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Choral Fantasy in C minor for Piano, Chorus & Orchestra

Daniel Baremboim at piano and directing the Berliner Philharmoniker

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Sarah Chang - Max Bruch - Violin Concerto No 1 Op 26

This is a masterful performance. Sarah Chang's passion for music shines through in every moment. What a virtuoso!

Sarah liked to play one-finger melodies on the piano at the age of 3 but asked her parents for a violin, started playing a rented one-sixteenth-size violin at 4 and auditioned for the Juilliard School at 6 playing the Bruch Violin Concerto. She was admitted into the studio of the late Dorothy DeLay, violin teacher to some of the world's great violinists including Itzhak Perlman, Midori Goto, Gil Shaham, Shlomo Mintz and many others, including Chang's father Min-Soo Chang. She was also taught by Hyo Kang, a former student and assistant of DeLay. She kept attending grade school in the Philadelphia area and studied music on Saturdays at Juilliard.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2008/1/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Tchaikovsky "1812 Overture" with 105mm Cannons

Performed by Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Eastern Army Band, 1st Band, 12th Band and 1st Artillery Unit
JGSDF Asaka Training Center, Tokyo
October 20, 2007

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Samuel Barber - Adagio for Strings, op.11.

Original broadcast from the Albert Hall in London September 15 2001. Leonard Slatkin conducts the BBC Orchestra.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Vanessa-Mae - Toccata & Fugue with Bratislava Radio Symphony Orchestra from 1996.

Sir Ernest MacMillan & the TSO - Gustav Holst's, Venus, the Bringer of Peace

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
David Oistrakh plays Tchaikovsky Concerto

Movement #1 (part 1)

Movement #1 (part 2)

Movement #2

Movement #3

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2008/1/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's hard to pick one's favorite Beethoven Symphony because they are all great and are, taken as a whole the story of how Beethoven emerged from the influences of the world he grew up in to the world of music that he created.

Symphonies #4 and #7 are thematically and structurally related and that is part of the appeal of the two to me. Richard Wagner called the seventh the "apotheosis of dance." Others have said that it would be better called the "apotheosis of rhythm." It hardly matters to me, as it is a rousing musical piece that always lifts my spirits.

The 8th symphony is one of my favorites because it a kind of quiet work, for Beethoven at least, and I am especially fond of the second movement and it's very playful mood.

It is said that Beethoven created the theme as a kind of musical joke at a party. His intention was to poke fun at the invention of the metronome, which Beethoven felt contributed a mechanical, soulless sound to music. At this stage of his career, he could afford to poke fun at a device that he learned music without, but was nonetheless one of the most important inventions in music history.

I hope you enjoy these.

Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 4 in B Flat Major, Op. 60

en.wikipedia.org...

Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 7

en.wikipedia.org...

Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 8 in F Major, Op. 93 ext

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2008/1/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Beethoven: Violine Konzert 1.mov.(excerpt), Heifetz (Audio)

Op.61,D major, last part of 1st movement.
Jascha Heifetz(violin), Arturo Toscanini(conductor), NBC Symphony Orchestra, recorded 1940.

Wikipedia: Violin Concerto (Beethoven)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Yo Yo Ma - The Swan (Saint-Saëns)

The video is here (embedding was disabled).

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's a couple performed by Stringfever (the British group, not the Canucks) - I really like them.

Bolero - Ravel

Hungarian Dance No. 5 - Brahms (they're screwing around a little in this one, but that's part of what makes them entertaining
)

[edit on 30-1-2008 by Duzey]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Dvorak - New World Symphony - 3rd Mvt
Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra, Conductor Derek Gleeson

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Grady I couldn't agree more with you about Beethoven. I've been in the mood for classical lately. It's really all I have been listening to the last week or so. Have had some real world stresses and I find, for me anyway, when things start to feel overwhelming, I just turn off the phone, put on youtube, pick up a book, old or new, and just tune out the world.

This is the piece I'm listening to right now.

Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 9 : Part 1

Karajan - Beethoven Symphony No. 9 : Part 2

I'm also introducing classical music to my daughter and she recognizes the "Ode to Joy" so she likes it too.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There never was, nor will there ever be, a piece so sublime as Beethoven's Ninth.

I simply cannot listen to it without being awestruck by both its subtlety and its majesty.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this classifies as "classical". It's from 1937 and recorded in Berlin.

Hans Busch Konzert-Orchester - Majarska (1937)
Russisches Lied und Tanz

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join