It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow, has anyone ever seen these?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Thanks, I didn't know that. I found the lake this afternoon and hadn't had the time to research it anymore. I googled it after reading your post, but have not come up with any thing yet.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Do you think those shapes could possibly be roads of some sort? When I first looked at the pic, I immediately thought of roads that intersected. If you look at the horizontal white line that cuts off a few of the rectangles, it seems like it continues, but turns darker as it closes in on the shoreline.

I'm just throwing this out there, I'm open to other thoughts on what this might be.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It sure looks like streets. According to Google Earth, the diagonal line spans two miles including the dark section. The three large rectangle areas above the diagonal line, average 1200 ft x 2000 ft. I just wonder if this could be some sort of double exposure with a photo of a city.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If you use Google Earth, which is free, you'll see all the bodies of water look like they have cities under them. pixellation

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Semper Paratus

I did, and what you say is not true. You don't see pixellation in the other lakes, no pixellation that looks like structures that is. There is definately something under the surface in Laguna Salinas.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
As much as I'd like to belive there are cities under there....they are really just looking like pixels.
i16.photobucket.com...

----------------------------
URLed pic - stretching page

[edit on 29/10/07 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greyfox8787

As far as that pic goes, I'd have to agree. It seems the same type of pixelation is happening on the dirt to the north of the lake, which would lead me to believe it is a pixel artifact.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crighton

Those square areas, in the photo you posted, may simply be evaporation ponds for harvesting salts.

Wikipedia | Salt evaporation ponds

The photo may have been taken during the wet season.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg

Those square areas, in the photo you posted, may simply be evaporation ponds for harvesting salts.

Wikipedia | Salt evaporation ponds

The photo may have been taken during the wet season.

That would explain it.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is a fairly interesting thread... the video was less than convincing, with the pixelated pictures from Google-Earth, but I figured I'd do some research since I'm always on the lookout for weird things on Google-Earth (checked out the pyramids in China, definitely weird)

Here's an island I found up in the mountains using flashearth, the water in lake had a Weird Swirl to it, and aurora like colors that had me scratching my head, unless they dumped a million tons of soap and chemicals into the lake to get that shine... cool thing about flashearth is you can look through several satellite filters, each one shows the strange water patterns in the lake... probably totally natural, but weird enough to get my attention

I also checked out Chrighton's pic of the crisscrossing lines on flashearth and Google-Earth, confirming that its not just another Google joke or mistake because it appears under many of the satellites, so whatever it is, its real...

I looked at the lake Steff had mentioned, and though on first glance it seems to be pixelation causing the grid, but I also examined a nearby lake that seems to have a square grid more similar to Chrighton's Lagunus Salina which left me even more puzzled, unfortunately for those lakes flashearth couldn't get close enough to confirm the anomaliesI saw on Google-Earth... I also tried a little debunking, going to an American lake and getting as close as I could to see if I could recreate the grid result, I could not...

fascinating stuff

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The squared-off areas in your photo definitely looks like pixelation.

That's due to a "lossy" digital compression algorithm, like that used to produce jpegs

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Do google maps use Jpeg compression?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I have no idea if they use the jpeg format or something proprietary, but the images, even if originally captured on film, in order to be posted online, at some point were digitized and compressed, using some type of algorithm.

And the scale at the lower right doesn't suggest it's a very big city if it is.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Apart from all this talk of pixelation, if there really were some unaturally built structures teeming under the surface, how come we can see their outlines so clearly?

Wouldn't the water's surface reflection of light conceal them? Unless they were seriously close to breaking the water's surface. I mean i've never seen anything like that in the water on google earth apart from those giant dark rifts in the ocean seabed.

I dunno, maybe I just don't know of the full capabilities of satelite photos.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
ive got something too.C

NOT PIXELATION,check it out.

Not sure how to upload a pic(Noob) of it ,so heres coordinates from google earth.

14.42,36 .81 S
69.25.12.34 W

[edit on 29-10-2007 by wierdalienshiznit]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   

this picture shows a long diagonal line. can anyone explain that with pixelation?

it looks like an underwater piping system to me

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
here is EXACT circuitboard effect in patagonia.......

48.45'49.96 S
72.52.53.09 w

I think we have an answer.

by god ,if this is e.t, heres thier earth capital!.theres more "structures" to the south,Like a huge underwater metroplis!.

Gonna have to be a third edit,to stoned to think properly!. ive spent the last five hours scouring every body of water i could in different continents.all the pixelation events we have discovered occur only in high altitudes in south america,odd?.

also if you go to the south of the water channels,where one of them meets the muddy coloured outlet/inlet,,,,theres a huuuuuge silver ship,seriously,u can follow its wake for miles!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
haha worst debunk evurrrr!

we should start a compatition for the funniest and lamest debunks!

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

Interesting find. I havn't seen the video yet, just the still photo. To me it looks more like underwater pipelines than anything remotely like a city. That's just my spin for not doing enough research before posting first.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
im offering evidence for others with more knowledge about pixelation to assess.my second set of co ordinates shows extreme examples of said pixelation/alien droid factories.

but yeh im baked!,for i got a comp and internet 2 days ago ive barely slept /come down since.............google earth blows my mind!.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join