It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mac OS X Leopard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Seemed to install fine for me, I think I actually like the look of Tiger better but this definitely seems faster on my Mac Pro.

Has anyone else installed it yet?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Nope.

I noticed the sale at Amazon, but, *sigh*, no spare equipment that meets the requirements.

Wait. Whats this?

Install Leopard on your PC in 3 easy steps!

Well its been only a day since the Mac OSX Leopard was released officially by Apple and the hackers have managed to create a patched DVD that everyone like you and me can use to install Leopard on PC’s without having to buy a Mac.

Interesting!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We got our 5 pack at the shop 10am friday morning DJ, but the boss took the dam disk so he could install it on his ibook on the way to the coast, bastard. Sold my 6month old tech Imac and just bought one of the beautiful new imacs. 20"widescreen waaaaay better than the 17". Thinner body, new thinner keyboard. I love it and all the customers ooh and aah over it. It will be gettin Leopard Tuesday morning when the boss gets back. Until then i get to wonder and dream, lol.

Post up ur fun experiences until then so i can be envious.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I'm liking it a lot now, even the changes to Aqua. The only thing about the appearance I don't really like is the semitransparent menubar, but as long as you choose a good desktop image, it's not a problem. I really like how they implemented "spaces," I only rarely used such a tool in UNIX/Linux but the way Apple has done it makes it much more usable. Then there's the usual "everything feels snappier" comment to be made, but this time I really think it's true. I think the OS is much more multithreaded now to take advantage of the Intel multicore processors. All Macs now have at least two processor cores.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Sounds Awesome DJ.

I was checking out the preview stuff last week. Bout time mac got around to multiple deskspaces. I mean comeon, isnt it designed around the linux kernel?

Couple more days and ill be checking it out for myself.

posted on Nov, 10 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Well it seems, Houston, we have a problem. lol

I did a complete wipe and upgrade on my service Mac and everything is great. Im thoroughly enjoying the new leopard.

My boss did just an upgrade overlay and he is having issues. Lots of them. It kills him when i say "wanna tech to take a look at that for you?" But, the nice thing is he can backup, fresh load and be back up and running in less than 2hrs.
I talked him into doing it. Im sure he will be much happier. Thats what he gets for taking the disc with him to the coast

new topics

top topics

join