It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports: The citizen demanded mind control

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Epic Wolf
Well look at the 'manliest sport on earth'. Wrestling.
[edit on 10/27/2007 by Epic Wolf]

I'd beg to differ. Mixed martial arts is the new thing now and every one seems to be catching on, and the only thing that rivals it is boxing. Personally, boxing and MMA are the only sports I enjoy watching but I like to play all sports.

As to the topic of this thread, I think that since we are young, we are conditioned to be overly competitive. When this happens, their are those who lose and those who win. In my opinion creating competition like this harms people's confidence. It also teaches people to work solo instead of a team, even team sports do that as their is so much competition between the same team's players. People like sports because they are competitive and it makes us feel good when we see an opponent fail.

edit = Just noticed, but it's not weird that soccer is called football. It's weird that football is called football, it should be handball.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by souls]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by souls

Originally posted by Epic Wolf
Well look at the 'manliest sport on earth'. Wrestling.
[edit on 10/27/2007 by Epic Wolf]

I'd beg to differ. Mixed martial arts is the new thing now and every one seems to be catching on, and the only thing that rivals it is boxing. Personally, boxing and MMA are the only sports I enjoy watching but I like to play all sports.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by souls]

I think that the MMA thing is catching on so quick because it’s real. Seems to me that most of the established sports have become ‘sports entertainment’ just like wrestling. To some degree, they are all manipulated to bring in the most money possible. There’s also the incredible amount of gambling that goes on , especially on football (American). Do you really think that the kind of money gambling generates is resistible to the PTB? After the Heat-Mavs series two years ago, even NBA players were saying the series was fixed.

Bread and circuses…… Some things never change.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Great topic ,this has been on my mind since i was young.

A great example is a recent UC Berkeley Football game i went too, people not even associated with Berkeley or the opponents go crazy.

I ask why? Whats the point of acting like a monkey just because some meatheads can throw a football well?

Everytime i see people going crazy over a sport I can't help but think of the many people starving and dieing at that very moment.

The sad part is the majority of America lives and breathes some type of sport, the sadder part is that the majority of america lives and breathes the most effective form of manipulation by our ''Benefactors''.

<< 1   >>

join