It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sports: The citizen demanded mind control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Many people in our society are in outrage on the current trend of curtailing the US citizens rights. Everyday you hear something about police brutality, illegal wars, secret alien bases, NWO and so on. But there's one conspiracy everyone seems to overlook, and even demand from our society.

International sports and national sports. The national pastimes and favorites. The Olympic games.

In the sociologist view point, these national sports harm society by serving the interests of the powerful over the powerless, or the 'sheeple'. A conflict theory.

First, national sports tend to act as an 'opiate', numbing the masses' sense of dissatisfaction with society or the current regime (Bush, Iraq, NWO, etc). Spectator sports such as baseball or football distracts the low-salary or unemployed working class citizens from their tedious and monotonous wage-slave jobs or joblessness. At the same time, spectator sports tends to secretly promote the mindset that you should support and conform to the society than question it. "There's nothing we can change, right? So lets just watch some 'foosball and forget all about it."

Another disturbing trend of sports is the international 'patriotism' of sports. After a certain countries team loses an international event, such as the soccer games in the EU, many show their discontent by attacking foreigners, often called "football hooligans". This is obviously an accepted form of nationalism, and is often brought to the extreme. To divert their citizens' attention from their miserable lives, many countries governments also seize any opportunity that arises to whip their masses into a frenzy of patriotic support for their teams. What better way to distract the sheeple than dangle some little victory in front of them to grab at. That'll keep the occupied while the important people do the real work. US baseball has been doing that exact thing for decades. The American pastime.

Such nationalistic frenzy can be carried to such extremes. One Example:
In 1969, El Salvador and Honduras went to war with each other after a World Cup Soccer match. Seems even sports can be used as en excuse to lead your people into war. The sport was just used as a catalyst to get the publics support. Seem familiar to anyone else?*cough911cough*

All this serves to maintain the capitalist society and control over the masses, while the rich and powerful exploit them. After all, the violence in sports merely reflects society.

(Cont)

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
On a further note, lets not forget the 1936 Summer Olympics in Nazi Germany. Adolph Hitler himself attended the games, eager to prove his view point that the Aryan German athletes would physically dominate the 'impure' races of the world, whipping his country into the same nationalistic frenzy of support. The government saw the Berlin Olympics as a good opportunity to promote their Nazi agendas. However, he was embarrassed to see Jesse Owens show that the black race could beat their 'superior' Aryan counterparts.

In 1936 Owens arrived in Berlin to compete for the United States in the Summer Olympics. Adolph Hitler was using the games to show the world a resurgent Nazi Germany. He and other government officials had high hopes German athletes would dominate the games with victories (the German athletes did indeed achieve a top of the table medal haul). Meanwhile, Nazi propaganda promoted concepts of "Aryan racial superiority" and depicted ethnic Africans as inferior. ... On the first day, Hitler shook hands only with the German victors and then left the stadium (some claim this was to avoid having to shake hands with Cornelius Johnson, who was African-American, while a Nazi spokesman claimed that Hitler's exit had been pre-scheduled). Olympic committee officials then insisted Hitler greet each and every medallist or none at all. Hitler opted for the latter and skipped all further medal presentations
Wikipedia

Simple, effective mass mind control. Plus, it makes lots of money. This is not just a US conspiracy, but a world conspiracy. It’s scary that we even DEMAND national sports to be brought into every aspect of our lives. In Feb 2007, over 140 million people watched the NFL Super Bowl XLI, which is quite a large audience. 30 second Ad time during the Super Bowl is over $2.3 million. All for the sake of capitalism. Though the half-time with Purple Rain and Prince was admittedly hoooot.

Questions, comments, criticism or whatever is welcome of course.

Until next time,
Epic Wolf

[edit on 10/26/2007 by Epic Wolf]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I really dont care if there is mind control in sport. I just love it so much, I cant stop watching (or playing it for that matter).

I can see your point about the soccer match between El Salvador and Honduras and the Berlin olympics, but I dont remember any other events/ matches that caused wars. In my opinion I think sport brings more people together than forcing them apart

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
I really dont care if there is mind control in sport. I just love it so much, I cant stop watching (or playing it for that matter).

I can see your point about the soccer match between El Salvador and Honduras and the Berlin olympics, but I dont remember any other events/ matches that caused wars. In my opinion I think sport brings more people together than forcing them apart

You say that, but like everything else people can take one thing and twist it to their own ends.

A little while back with the programme 'Ross kemp on Gangs' (i laughed my ass of at this), and this particular episode was about polish football clubs, and neo-nazi skinheads recruiting from the ranks of hooligans.

Every pasttime we have is addictive to some extent - in a sense you could say that i am addicted to discussing conspiracy theories.

Essentially it's materialism, and materialism is a weapon that can be used against you if placed in the right hands.

It's not so bad if you play the sport yourself, as it can give you an impression of the skill involved, and the difficulty level that individual teams can bring to each other.

However there is a certain mainstream vibe that circulates around sports, people are, in a sense, brought up on it - so they know nothing else apart from their national team and their work.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Of course you love it so much. It's been hyped up so much by our culture who can't help but love it.
I personally don't find any interest in sports, other than playing some Golf myself. Even then I get laughed at for being 'weird for not loving sports'. Hm.

And Throbber, that's true. You can take anything and make a spin on it. Myself, I’m an addict for video games. I absolutely love them. But that’s another conspiracy entirely, right?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Epic Wolf

Damn right.

If anything videogames are potentially even more dangerous than the film industry - speaking of which, i have a great distrust of all these 'teen movies' that were released in the early parts of 2000, even the ones that were making a mockery of them were subverting the viewer to behave in a certain way towards others, perhaps laying psychological traps (although the 'trapmaster', and i use the term with great flippancy) for those whom really don't give a [expletive removed] about social norms, but still follow them out of force of habit.

That's not to say one cannot evolve past social norms, but that mental evolution would still be based on those norms.

Er... got a little carried away there, sorry.

[edit on 26-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Actually its not the hype that got me....I was pretty much raised on sports from my family (Australian Rules Football if you were curious). Sort of hard to say if my sport of choice is involved in mind control as its only played proffesionally here in Oz. Although it is our biggest and most popular sport

Actually come to think of it the hype over certain events here seems to grow on an exponential rate each year

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
And what of those who could care less for professional sports?
Is there some sort of error in their mind control scheme?
I have never had any sort of interest in watching sports.
But I assume that I am in the 10%?
I guess I never have to worry about being upset and angry that my team did not win the Super Bowl/Stanley Cup/World Series.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

No apology necessary Throbber.
Like those who are part of the spectator sport crazy, I won't be stopping playing my games. I love them too much. But unlike sports, the mind control won't be so subconscious and play into the governments/cultures hands. I can choose not to play video games, but sports and their influence will always be there.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bobafett1972

But that's just the thing. You don't need the whole 100%. The mass is all you need to spread the influence of something. Our pop culture didn't get the way it is today by way of 10%, it spread to the mass.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

What about sports based computer games....which happen to be my favourite (shock horror!), do you think they are part of the sports hype or part of the computer games hype?

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Probably both. Madden is going to beat the football series horse for years to come. Like I said, a lot of money in sports.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Yeah, your probably right. All EA sports games seem to be the top of the market, even when the gameplay is crap compared to other competitors. Although I guess they do have the license to everything. Ah the world of business

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yeah, the NFL has the complete license on everything football related. You can't even write down the words "Super" and "Bowl" together or even just "NFL" without their sanction, or you get a call from their suits.

Seems my topic has fizzled out a lot faster than I hoped it would...again. Ah well, maybe my 'Epic's aren't as controversial or interesting enough to attract the real discussions. But for those of you that did like my (two) Epics, I’m thinking of new material.

Until next time,
Epic Wolf

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I don't know about sports being used by the world's governments to distract people...

But you hit the nail right on the head when you brought up the nationalism they create.

I've always hated sports. I was coaxed into playing soccer(football) when I was younger, hated it and was terrible at it.

Regardless, such sports cause so much unnecessary nationalism (not that any form of nationalism is necessary, but this form is incredibly stupid) that it leads to fights and riots. It pits people against each other for the dumbest reasons. Just the idea of idiots rioting over some stupid retarded game, and I don't care what game it is, makes me realize why we'll never be a peaceful society.

We get this angry over stuff like that, no wonder we have so many wars!

I hate watching sports and I hate playing sports, so I am biased of course, but this is my opinion.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Perhaps it represents everything that is bad about the mainstream, that 'we' are prepared to 'follow the leader', no matter whom that leader is or whomever it is that seems to possess the qualities of a leader.

A thought just occured to me as to a kinder approach to this than calling all footie fans barbaric, rampant savages (as is undoubtedly what is perceived by what we are saying).

With so many people watching the game, and the mannerisms exhibited by those whom are of the game, the passion of one whom believes that he has been mistreated (Oi! Ref! That was not offside!) spreads to the fans.

There is nothing wrong with being inspired by the passions of others.

However, inspiration can also be twisted to personal uses.

Or of course, it may have something to do with the lifestyles of aforesaid players, and whether they are aggressive/violent or not - as such it would be 'perceived' passion, even though it's actually just a psychopathic rage.

Note; Although i say there is nothing wrong with being inspired by the passions of others, there is most definately something wrong with using that inspiration as an excuse to harm another human being.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
No mindcontrol can make me watch sports..........I'm sure there's plenty of odd things to sports though, like being rigged for starters.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

*cough* conspiracy! *cough*

That ties in with my post quite nicely, if a tad unintentionally.

It's quite likely that the players aren't aware of it, and therefore that would be why the get so passionate when something happens that seems 'out of the ordinary'.

Of course, a lot of them probably don't realise that their performance on the pitch (disputes or playing performance... whatever) is emphasized by those off it, and as such they play directly into the sports confederate's hands.

But of course, that would be a complete defilement of sportsmanship and not something i'd like to focus on too much.

EDIT: I guess i should point out that i'm referring to football here (soccar, to you westerners
), i'm not too certain what it's like in america, other than bigger.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No-one will ever need to force me to love hockey, but if they did try to then having Gary Bettman in charge of the NHL would be very counter-productive

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Steff

Well look at the 'manliest sport on earth'. Wrestling. It's been proven and admitted to being an acting sport. The wrestlers just put on a good show for the audience. Whoever is liked the most wins. the Highest bet ratios are placed on the wrestler who's picked to be the loser, to make the most money. It's similar to our own American Empire where are leaders are already chosen for us before we 'vote' them in. It plays right into their hands.

The nationalism is merely a tool for public support, and it works. And like Throbber said, the spectators sports performance is regulated by those in with the monopoly. Sports have become part of big business, with powerful owners of professional teams exploiting the public (and even the government). Aside from enourmous sums of money received from fans, team owners get tax breaks while enjoying the position of being the only self-regulated monopoly in the country. The team owners have further professionalized and bureaucratized spectator sports.
This has led to an elitist system in which a very tiny group of owners and players become elite rich superstars and business leaders, while a huge number of potential players that don't fit into their agendas are transformed into mere spectators. The monopoly is what controls nations.
Just look at what Walmart is doing.

Edit: You strange brits and your calling soccer, football.

[edit on 10/27/2007 by Epic Wolf]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join