It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curious features in the Mars Rovers photos???!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
ETfriend, I am really trying to see what you are pointing out, but I can't.

I magnified 200% to 400% and all I get is blurb of pixels. nothing definable. It would help if you could find a way to blow up the pictures and post them yourself.

btw, I am not doubting that there are artifacts on mars. I have found several vessels (bowls, jars) that kind of stuff in the pics, my problem is that I cannot upload them either in a good format. the image if a TIF and when I convert it to a GIF or JPEG, it becomes too distorted.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think they have changed things around.

Some pics are so compressed now that when U blow
them up, they get really ugly, distorted.

I will "try" to reproduce what I am
claiming ,
if I can,later.
I have to solve some technical problems first.

I did show what I have to five doctoral science students
who are in my educational program along with me,
also as a doctoral student.
THEY can see what I am
claiming with the "discs and the factory"!!!,BUT.....
it was from MY cmptr., and from MY original rover images
, and the images still get blurry as you up the
magnification level .I saved these from the very first rover pics,
and I think they are of better quality than
what is available now. Maybe U can order direct from
nasa??? Ask THEM to enlarge them for U as a taxpayer.
Sounds good to me.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by ETFriend]

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by ETFriend]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
maybe if all that "cave-like stuff" is really on just on a very small scale,inches, maybe, it would be a drainage system instead.

The cave-like thing still looked like it had some "structure to it.

There is a theory that the Germans got to both the
Moon and Mars a long time ago, back in the 1940's.
via the "German Moon Base Alpha" story. They arrived
there in flying saucer craft. They have built underground bases there also. So, my claims of seeing "discs" up there do have "some" support (if you believe in that particular theory.)

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
My second "silver disc" was from:

Sol 1, Navigation cam.

6th row, last pic.

Look to extreme Rt. hand side,
about 1/2 way down from top.
This part of the image is blurry,
like as distortion field or deliberate
damage from chemicals.
Try to magnify that area and look
for the silvery disc mounted up on
some type of building or whatever.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
frame # was 126468852 for the 2nd Silvery Disc.

check it out, and someone, anyone, tell me if
U :"kind-of-sort-of" see what I am talking about.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
As I have learned while being on ATS, it is the need to prove your case and points, not to just openly say something and expect everyone to shout hooza. You need proof, evidence.

In other words, post the blown up images!

Scientists or not, you need a shred of evidence that would help your case or build your hypothises.

Zooming on an image is generally a wasted effort. You can zzom all you want, and use sharpen or lighting techniques, and all you do is alter the original. You are not zooming onto any fine detail, you are zooming onto the pixels within the zoom window.

As far as saving a zoomed picture... you can't. You could try "save as", and change the file name, but you will still save the same original picture... because the picture is still in the painter program. A zoom feature does not alter the picture.

What I found to work best in cases like this is to use a program like Painter 3D... I am more familiar with this, so I hope other programs have the same effects... what you want to do is NOT ZOOM, but RESIZE.

Resize takes the existing photograph, and "stretches" the image onto a new "canvas", to fit by size. For example, you can take your avataar (150*150 pixels), RESIZE image (can be done by inches, pixels, percentages, whatever), and wa-la, the picture is bigger, still retains most of the detail as the original (now you can sharpen or focus). Just remember to save as a different name, or else the original will be gnoe.

I don't just play a graphics designer on TV, I am one.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
As far as saving a zoomed picture... you can't. You could try "save as", and change the file name, but you will still save the same original picture... because the picture is still in the painter program. A zoom feature does not alter the picture.

I agree with what you say, but you CAN save a zoomed picture. (of course it will be blury or what ever, your resize migt make it sharper)
Anyway, to save a zoomed pic, zoom in, hit print screen, open another paint program copy and paste the image and cut out what you want.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Go to Opportunity, Sol 7, and look at frame#714 'which
is #128820714, and U "should see the following:

A white tubular security camera mounted up on a pole,
a flat landing pad for UFO's at hill top, and some more
buildings, apparently all the way to the Rt. hand side.

This is totally crazy if it is really there!!WOW!!

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
to find frame #714

go to raw images, Opportunity,
Navigation cam, Sol. 7,
9th row down, 2nd pic should
be frame#714.

You need a good photo editor
program to magnify things to see.

have fun.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I still can't upload, and I can not find it mentioned in the thread, but in the pic we are talking about what is the circle in the right top corner? It helps if you make the pic a negative, shows up very nice. Isn't that a little to close to be a planet or moon?

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETFriend
to find frame #714

go to raw images, Opportunity,
Navigation cam, Sol. 7,
9th row down, 2nd pic should
be frame#714.

You need a good photo editor
program to magnify things to see.

have fun.

Please just add the #ing link!!!!

It is simple. When you find a pic you want us to see, copy the link address, the URL in the place where you type website addresses, come back here, click reply, click on "image" paste your URL, then click "post reply" it is really that simple. You are doing our heads in by expecting us to go searching through another site for something which could well be all in your imagination.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
in the pic we are talking about what is the circle in the right top corner? It helps if you make the pic a negative, shows up very nice. Isn't that a little to close to be a planet or moon?

I noticed that orb as well. Digital cameras have a problem with catching dust particles in the air which may explain the 'circle' in the picture. I personally think some orb photographs are genuine...ie. ghosts, energies..etc. I know that some digital orbs are the result of particles in the air. I would expect to see them more in the photographs of Mars, but this is the first time I've noticed one.

The picture that ET is referring to above is the same that NetStorm has commented on. The picture can be viewed at the following link:

marsrovers.nasa.gov... 1515R0M1.JPG

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Actually, I just went through the photos and the orb in question is pictured in several of them. It's in nearly the same spot on each photo and only appears in the sky. I'm guessing it's dust on the lense?!

marsrovers.nasa.gov... P1515R0M1.HTML

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ETFriend
to find frame #714

An explanation of the filenames is available here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thats not a frame number, if you arent going to just give the links the least you could do is give the full image name, its a copy and paste job...

As for the rest of it, I think the errors in the method employed here is clear enough.

[Edited on 4-2-2004 by Kano]

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It almost looks like lens-flare to me, it seems to be related in size to the position of the lens to the brighest area of the image, the sun just behind the hill.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
Actually, I just went through the photos and the orb in question is pictured in several of them. It's in nearly the same spot on each photo and only appears in the sky. I'm guessing it's dust on the lense?!

Not to discount your theory, but thats a BIG speck of dust don't ya think? PLUS I use a DVR, and Digital camera, and the specks I may get are NEVER perfectly round, and show up black. This one is not.
I'm not trying to find "hidden things" just curious what the "orb" is.
Have you inverted the pic to a negative? I have it, but still the upload center will not allow me to upload says my file (same file number from yesterday is not valid, it is way under the specified amount and is a valid .jpg)

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Not to discount your theory, but thats a BIG speck of dust don't ya think?

NetStorm, the reason I suggested dust is because I catch those specks all the time with my digital camera. The size will vary depending on its distance from the lense and other factors. I'm not an expert, but here's a link discussing the problem with digital cameras and particles in the air.

home.fujifilm.com...

As Zzub stated it could be lens-flare. Who knows?!

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bangin
NetStorm, the reason I suggested dust is because I catch those specks all the time with my digital camera. The size will vary depending on its distance from the lense and other factors. I'm not an expert, but here's a link discussing the problem with digital cameras and particles in the air.

As Zzub stated it could be lens-flare. Who knows?!

Ok, I'll by that...but they uses flashes to take the pics?

quote from the website you provided a link to

"When you take pictures using the flash, whitish round dots appear in various parts of the image"

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
No flash. The Sun is the light source.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Ok, I'll by that...but they uses flashes to take the pics?
quote from the website you provided a link to

"When you take pictures using the flash, whitish round dots appear in various parts of the image"

I don't know about the Mars pictures, but most of my orb photographs were taken while using the flash. I was just offering my thoughts on the possibilities for the orb in the picture. I really don't know what caused the anomaly.

By the way, I have several orb photos that I believe are actual ghosts/energies. I'd be more than happy to link you to them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join