It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most flagged/viewed threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Does anyone know if you can list the most flagged or most viewed threads within a forum on ATS (e.g. on the UFO forum)?

I know that you can find out the threads that have been flagged the most recently, but I'm wondering about the all-time top threads.

It seems that you can sort threads within a forum either by the number of replies or by the time of the last post - but I can't remember seeing any way to find the most flagged/viewed threads.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I believe at one time, the text above each of these columns was a link to have them sorted in this manner. I had peaked at it from time to time for several forums. But I don't believe this text is linkable any longer.

So I'm not sure if you can view threads sorted in this manner.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
So I'm not sure if you can view threads sorted in this manner.

Hi chissler,

Thanks for your reply.

Mmm. Perhaps that feature will be reintroduced in the future?

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Ok, I've spent a bit of time working on this...

I've found how to sort by the number of views. The answer for this one was surprisingly easy.

It seems that the last few characters of the link for a forum specify the type of sort to be conducted (e.g. most recent last post, number of views etc).

So, to sort by number of views, the link end "srtviews".

The number after the word "forum" in the link specifies which forum you want sorted, e.g. "19" for the aliens and UFOs forum.

The link below sorts the aliens and UFOs forum by number of views:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since this sort function exists, I'm not sure why the "views" at the top of each column is not greyed out and a hyperlink added to the above link.

I haven't found the characters to act after "srt" to sort by the number of flags, but (assuming it is possible to do this sort) it is probably some minor variation on "srtflags".

Some of the other sorts can be either ascending or descending order, specified by adding "asc" or "dsc" respectively after the relevant "srt****".

Kind Regards,

Isaac

top topics

join