It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SSSC) The Fiance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The stairs creaked as he stumbled up them. He fumbled with his keys in the old lock, but it refused to yield. Determined, he smashed the window and climbed through. The blood dribbled from his hand as he walked across the floor. The evening was a blur, bar-hopping for his bachelor party had seemed like such a good idea, but he should have gone home two bars ago. The faint rays of morning light were just beginning to show when he threw himself down on the couch and fell asleep.

He awoke to dark silence. He rose slowly; his head was pounding, and looked around. The place was falling apart; there were missing floorboards, gaping holes in the walls, and a thick layer of cobwebs and dust coated everything. In fact, the only thing that didn’t look over a hundred years old was the couch he had been sleeping on.

‘Man, I must have had more to drink than I thought,” he said aloud to himself, “I could have sworn this was my house.”

He stood up to examine his surroundings more closely. The despair of the place reminded him of Miss Havisham and he laughed softly to himself. The light from the lamp outside illuminated the kitchen, beckoning him to enter. Pans full of rotting food still sat atop the old stove and the table was laid out for a formal meal. Cockroaches and rats roamed free, enjoying their fortune at discovering this long forgotten feast. The stench was overwhelming and he brought his hand up to his mouth to stifle a gag. The taste of blood was overpowering and he had to grab the door frame to keep from falling.

He made his way to the bathroom and tried the faucet with no real hope of it producing anything. To his amazement a steady stream of cool water gushed forth and he quickly rinsed his hand and splashed his face. He could barely even remember climbing through that window. He felt lucky to have only scraped himself a little.

He turned to leave, but then he thought of Rachel. If he didn’t bring her something to make up for not coming home last night there would be hell to pay. He decided to check the upstairs rooms to see if he could find anything of value to give her as a ‘forgive me’ gift. The stairs seemed stable, but they groaned with each step he took. He concentrated on placing each foot carefully and turned to admire the pictures on the wall as he passed them. They were all old family photos of what appeared to be an average couple and their two young children. The shots were all formal poses, as was common at that time, and no one appeared to be very happy. In fact, they were all practically scowling at the viewer.

He sighed with relief when he reached the top of the stairwell. Then he entered the first room on his left. It appeared to be the bedroom of the young girl from the photo. Her clothes were folded neatly on top of an antique dresser and a rag doll sat dejectedly atop the bed. A journal was open on the table and he paused to read the last entry...

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
‘Mommy says that we must go now. I do not no what she is talking about but it scares me. She gets a sad look in her eye and then just looks at the wall like there is the most intresting thing going on there. She sayz that I cannot take you with me so I am sad. I will miss you and Sara dolly but she sayz that this is for the best. Goodbye for ever Rachel Santos.’

“That’s odd,” he thought, “that little girl has the same name as my beloved Rachel. I have to get out of here.”

It was with that thought in mind that he turned from the room and headed towards the stairs, but he couldn’t step down. He felt himself being beckoned to the room at the end of the hall. He tried to turn, to stop himself from walking in that direction; the panic rose in his chest when he realized he could not. He was unable to stop, unable to scream, he was floating weightlessly towards the open doorway. As he passed he grabbed the jamb to try to stop himself from entering, but it fell apart in his hands. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see whatever was before him.

“Where the hell have you been, I waited all night, I made a wonderful meal and you couldn’t even be bothered to come home. I find you passed out on the couch in the morning and only now you come up here to see me. If you think this is how this marriage is going to go you have another thing coming!”

“Rachel,” he exclaimed with relief as he opened his eyes. But that was when the true terror sunk in. Her skin hung from her bones in patches, he could see glimpses of bone. At that moment a maggot slithered out of a hole in her shoulder blade and fell to the floor. He began to heave. This was his house, his belongings, his fiancé, but he couldn’t comprehend what had happened.

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know who I am. There are going to be some changes around here. You need to start being respectful of me and my needs, come home at a decent hour, better yet, you are not to leave this house. You will remain here, a prisoner, just like I am. Come, I want you to meet my mother.”

And so there he remains, locked in his house that had once been so beautiful. At times you can still hear the shrill sounds of Rachel’s screams and his pitiful murmurs as he is forced to obey.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   
And there we have the perfect story to give to any man before he gets married!!

True story I'm guessing.

MonKey

join