It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted houses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
When I was in grade 5, i lived at this house that when it got to about 10 o'clock i could start hearing people walking around in my house and one night i heard a sound as if someone pulled their fingers down a window to make that screeching noise and on another night i woke up and i heard the kitchen cabinet door open up and i heard the tap turn on, thinking it was my mum getting a drink, i got up and went to get one too. there was no one there and the tap was on and the cupboard door was open and the lights were on.
freaky

if you have any stories please post them here, i love hearing others stories

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I hear someone going up and down the stairway voices going around my house at 2:00 AM about 4 months ago I saw a shadow go across my wall when i was perfectally still and nobody in there with me and my family reports similar events going back to my papaw many years ago

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
When I was little I would go to what was my dad's apartment at the time, and at night sometimes i would hear dishes and stuff being banged around like they were being hand washed but when i went downstairs to see if my dad was awake the lights were off and nobody was awake..it freaked me out so much one night that i woke him up and told him about it.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Thanks for all your input,

me thinks poltergeist

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've heard, seen, felt and 'known' alot of things - but only once was it something that was associated with a house, something that seemed to stay with or belong to the house. Every other time it was more like a 'hello' or message type thing, something just passing through.

The house I lived in for a very short time (about 8 months), I lived there with my best friend, brought my child, and stayed there to care for her 2 children and dieing grandmother.

Her mother killed herself in that house - I don't know if that has anything to do with the way that house was or not. I really don't think so... as a matter of fact, I think it may be more that her mother killed herself because of the way something in that house was. My friend attempted suicide many times herself in that house, and eventualy, her grandmother did die there. (For the months before she died, she heard and talked to voices. I didn't hear the other side of the conversations, and the grandmother seemed as though she was unwilling or not allowed to share with me what the other side of the conversation was.)

Normaly, although at times I might feel a bit uneasy here and there, these things don't actualy scare me. But there was one particular spot in that house (just outside the dieing grandmothers room door at the bottom of the steps) that would littleraly make me stop, turn and run! How embarrising is that!

I had felt many other 'things/???' in my life, I'm sensative to it, but this was the worst, the angriest?, the meanest?, most threatening? ... I don't even know how to discribe it. It made me run. It made my friend run and her young daughter too. But oddly enough, although the male children in the house didn't like to be alone or even go downstairs, they didn't seem to feel/hear/see anything.

I did hear something once - scared the crap out of me! It was the laugh of a little girl. But there was no one there. (befor this, my firend always slept with the tv on so she couldn't hear things... after that night, so did I).

All of us, 2 adults and 3 children chose to sleep in the living room together 99% of the time. (She always chose night jobs to keep her out of the house - usualy I was alone with the kids)

After I moved out of the house (shortly after grandma died), I brought a friend over and my mother to see if we could do something - anything... (my mom is like me, she feels it and knows things too). The friend was a friend of my moms - a little 'off' but, you just can't get picky when hoping to find help with this sort of thing! So we went over, went throught the house. Everyone felt it - that spot. We all stopped and held hands there and prayed - we all wanted to just run. The drive home was... well, we were all completely physicaly and emotionaly drained. It was hard to even stay awake. The next morning we all felt as if we'd been beeten up or in an accident. No marks or bruises, but every muscle hurt so much!

I wouldn't believe it had I not been there. And I'd try to pass it off as something else if it weren't for having other peo0ple there and experience the same thing.

One other house - I didn't live there, didn't even stay there. But I use to go there as a child to help out. We called it the Fuller house. This is were (30, 40, 50 years ago) all the rich and famoush brought their 'damaged' and 'unperfect' children to die. The children that were severly handycapped and would certainly no live to be an adult would be sent to houses like these. They didn't have hospice back then, no visiting nurses or hospital floors dedicated to the dieing. No childrens homes would take these poor babes. My grandmother lived 3 doors down, and as she raised my dad and his brother and sister, she would go down to help out Mrs. Fuller while they were in school. (at that time, women DID NOT work). So, as the years went by and us grandchildren came up, we too would go down and help out with the children there.

The fuller house came to an end as she got older and stopped accepting children. When all the children were gone, Mrs. Fuller moved and we never hear from her again. Several families had moved in and out (this is a MAJOR garage sale area)... and with each family came moving sales.

More than once (once with my own ears) it has been heard said by the new owners (that have no idea what went on there) that they hear babies crying.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi. I just recently moved out of a house we lived in for over 20 years that had a ghost we named 'Wally' in it. (Just the name that popped into my mind one day, probably not his real name..
That activity in that house was so prevalent that he became like one of the family and I actually miss his presence in our new house, as strange as that may sound. He was a friendly 'ghost', a young man with blonde hair, that was seen many times by me, my sons and even my non-believer husband. I could probably write a book about our experiences, but just a few things that happened:

He would make a telephone ring that was not plugged into anything. This was actually the first indication that something was in the house with us. Even after the telephone was completely disconnected from everything, and put onto a bed with a pillow over it, it continued to ring. If you picked it up and listened, you would hear a kind of 'static' sound.

He like to take things and then when you noticed and couldn't find it, he'd put it back. He liked jewelry the most. It got to the point where we would just say, Wally, put it back, and later in that day, it would back where it was supposed to be.

I have 3 cats and they all 'played' with him. It was funny to watch because they acted just like they did when a live person was playing with them, only you couldn't see anyone there.

My youngest son had a basketball in his room when he was little and 'Wally' seemed to like to throw it out into the hallway when no one was anywhere near my son's room.

He liked to turn the t.v. on and off and turn the volume up and down on it. He also like to set a certain fire alarm off, once we even took the batteries out of it and it still went off.

This is all true, I'm not making any of it up. He really was like a member of the family. We've moved now and I really do miss his presence.

Laurie

new topics

top topics

join