It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crime does pay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here in good old Blighty I had the good luck of seeing one of our big brother centres at work sorry I mean control centres.

The idea of using cameras in the UK was intially to replace bobies on the beat, a case of using technology to solve/prevent crime but many years later they have proved to be almost useless for such ideas, this is backed up by a Goverment report that the use of cameras has had little or no impact on serious crime.

So what do we do with all these cameras well what you do is use them to make money out of petty criminal acts, such as speeding, using bus lanes illegal parking etc. So whilst I stood there in the control centre and watched an operator recording reg numbers of vehicles using a bus lane during prohibited times. this was been done via a camera in a vehicle. So I asked what cameras do you have in the City where we have had alot of gun related murders and drug running, the reply was we dont have coverage in those areas.

So there we have it whilst road users are being hit in the pocket in one street children are being shot at and murdered in the next. Its nice to know that the Goverment and LA's have got their prorities right. So yes crime does pay its a case of lets go after the easy targets that generate money.

Have you been robbed, burgled etc. dont bother calling the police because they wont come out unless physical harm is involved and then they dont always turn out. Drive down the road too fast oh yeh there are police for that alright. Yes thes are all crimes but one prioritises ones resources to deal with the most serious crimes not the most profitable.

But that is the way of the Goverment at the moment be it the CSA or road users, smokers etc. the easy targets will always get hit in the name of proffit.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yep, that's why i intend to meet trespass upon myself and those in my immediate vicinity with a zero-tolerance approach.

The law only works insofar as it catches the criminals - you can't put someone in jail for a crime they haven't commited yet.

Basically, they don't want cameras in the crime centres of the u.k because the press would have a field day; they'd demand that the prime minister of chief superintendant do something about it - which would cost a lot more money than the bigwigs are willing to shell out.

If defending myself means i have to spend a few months in jail, so be it.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
You've discovered the truth about this.

If you're essentially a law-abiding citizen, pay your tax, insure your car, have it fitted with license plates that actually correspond with the V5, have a valid driving license with a real address; then you're a big fat target and will be jumped on for revenue at every opportunity.

If you do none of the above and choose to live outside the law, you'll basically be left alone because, quite honestly, it's too much trouble to bother with you. It requires work, and police time, and the prisons are already full. Best to pursue the easy targets: it's more profitable, and the quarterly performance figures look better.

Welcome to the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
But that is the way of the Goverment at the moment be it the CSA or road users, smokers etc. the easy targets will always get hit in the name of proffit.

I don't think you can moan about the CSA pay for your kids it's simple really

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Deep you miss the point, that being the easy targets are always hit, the CSA was set up to make errant fathers pay for there children. That has not happened what has happend in most cases is that they target fathers who do pay or have court agreements.

They dont go after those who have never paid and thats my point, easy profitable targets.

top topics

join