It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can demons come to earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think this is the right place to post this thread.
At the minute i am writing a story and i just wondered if there is any theoretical way that a demon can come to earth besides summoning. Thanks
Vie

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
anyone? please? i searched the internet but it was hard to get any answers. Its for a thesis that is due in tomorrow if thats an insentive. any help no matter how vague is useful or just an idea.
thx vie

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Demons don't exist.

Think of another thesis.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
that is the point. I have to write a thesis based on whether something that either doesn't exist or cannot be proven to exist but people still believe in actually does exist because it is believed in. Since everyone else in my class decided to do God I decided to try something different. I don't like debating whether God exists or not because I think that the belief soem people have in it is enough that to them He exists. so short of deleting my fifteen pages of work and starting again with only seventeen hours to go does anyone have any ideas

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
If you believe that all souls are connected to an after life, I suppose you could argue that a demon could come to earth "hitching a ride" along one of those ties.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Well, since we've already established there's no such thing as demons, for the sake of your paper, here are some thoughts (from my long career as a reader of fiction and paranormal books).

The Amityville Horror was supposedly a house that was infested with a demon. I don't think it was originally summoned purposely. Try looking into that a little bit, see if that doesn't lead you down the right track.

In Stephen King's story "The Mangler" a machine was infested by a demon because the right ingredients fell into the thing by accident over time, which had the same effects as a summoning, even though there was no intent.

I also suggest you read the wiki article on demons. It talks about how they can inhabit places without being summoned -- like the ones in the Dark Tower series.

Good luck with your paper!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Demons don't exist.
Think of another thesis.

Seriously people. If that's all you have to offer to the thread please resist posting.

Demons are mentioned in the Bible as well as numerous religions. What are demons? Now that's the $1,000,00.00 question. Some think that they are rebellious angels, other believe that they are the souls of dead doomed for some mis-deed. Perhaps the souls of the nephilim looking for bodies to inhabit to cloath their naked souls.

Could they come to earth? Maybe they've always been here. Start with the article that MajorMalfunction metioned. That covers most of the basics.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Violexia

could you please provide more context?
demons within which religion and what sect of said religion?

shinto demons? judeochristian demons? norse demons?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I would say demons, spirits, can use the human logos as a portal to create action in the world, be it good action, or not so good action. Demon posession, seems to be thought hijacking. many psychiatric ills, etc. I believe come from mal spirits.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates

Originally posted by Kacen
Demons don't exist.
Think of another thesis.

Seriously people. If that's all you have to offer to the thread please resist posting.

Demons are mentioned in the Bible as well as numerous religions.
As are satyrs, fiery serpents, flying fiery serpents and dragons - are you trying to suggest that these creatures also exist?

What are demons? Now that's the $1,000,00.00 question. Some think that they are rebellious angels, other believe that they are the souls of dead doomed for some mis-deed. Perhaps the souls of the nephilim looking for bodies to inhabit to cloath their naked souls.
Maybe demons are just a figment of peoples imagination. Maybe demons are just a kind of 'cover story' for people with mental difficulties. I for one cannot see the existence of biblical or modern demons mainly due to the fact that we would all know about it if they did exist.

Could they come to earth? Maybe they've always been here. Start with the article that MajorMalfunction metioned. That covers most of the basics.
Are we talking aliens here?

G

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yes yes, demons are everywhere.

They work on mens souls, their minds, trying to force rash judgements, blind understanding and creat a dark mind. Of course its taught that sin lets them in, they literally dwell in the soul according to christ.

" 7 Devils went out of Mary "

The prostatute in the NT.

I know when I was younger, how rebellious I felt, I didnt want to listen, cry, smile, or do any work and wanted to be selfish all day, and also just had a ruff character somewhat.

Im completely different now after confession.

But as for the saints.

Well go read about st padre pio.

He was beaten by devils almost every night, he seen them conflicted with them, and said that if they were veiwable to the eyes they would be so many they would blot out the sun.

St Gemma was beaten by Satan alot of times, she was a victum.

Go to tan books. com they have a book called angels and devils.

400pgs. Its about 10.00 and is much worth it, it goes through countless saints live and their encounters with demons.

its amazing.

peace.

join