It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a member here allowed to knowingly lie when there have been plenty of complaints?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I was just wondering how that poster must feel that there is an entire thread in attack of his BELIEFS here. Even if his BELIEFS are mistaken, I dont like the idea of talking about some other ATS-member behind his back.

Sorry to quote the whole thing but how do you think Killtown felt when a thread was made about his public banning? Probably not very good I would think.

link   
reply to post by Griff

I suppose they could make a half-baked case for topic derailment/off-topic posts if they really wanted to. But I think a martyr is the last thing they want.

link   

Originally posted by intrepid
griping about the site and its moderation, which ISN'T the topic.

Yes it is. Logically, who else but the mods would be questioned when it comes to the topic of moderation?
'Why is a member here allowed to... when there have been... complaints'
It's ok to be defensive, its a great site and you guys do alot of work to keep it that way, but we have an issue here that apparently involves complaints, so if you guys don't mind too terribly, we'd like to be able to discuss this without having NB tell us complaints aren't relevant to the topic of complaints.

link   

Originally posted by Griff
Now, I'm the one being railroaded out of here.

No you're not... just over-dramatic about the timing of a big-quote warning.

Look... this is a very big site with lots of people passionately posting about very provocative topics in which they very often care deeply. Tempers are undoubtedly going to be tense from time to time, and things can easily be taken the wrong way as members all too often assume "staff" is either looking the other way, or looking too close.

We do the best we can... we can't be everywhere, and very often when a valid complaint comes it, it can result in a "staff swarm" that makes it seem like we're swooping in like the Wicked Witch's flying monkeys.

The fact is some staff see some issue differently and it's inevitably going to result in some people being rubbed the wrong way from time to time. It's a product of the generally volatile mix of people we tend to attract. On the whole we tend to think we're doing as good a job as we can, but #### happens and someone needs to clean the cage every once in a while.

Could we be better? Sure.

Are there any doing it better? You tell me.

link   

Not if I have done nothing against the terms and conditions. They can't just ban me for nothing can they?

Exactly. People aren't banned for their opinions, well unless youre a Stormfronter or KKK or something like that. But those opinions are against the T&C.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
FredT

Hmmm Lets be hinest, Some ho why strangles herslef is not news. If the John was Teddy kennedy then I say go for it.

Cheers
FredT

Seems I deleted the others,damm.

MirthfullMe response to 5 different U2Us.

lol nothing.

BTW Skeptic overlord...It's clearly not about the ATS points..It's about the hypocrisy.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Just an FYI - you don't have to quote a post, there is the 'reply to' button just as I have just used it

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

We are not talking bad about anyone behind their back. Nothing is preventing the complained-about poster from joining in on this discussion, as I'm sure they will do when they log back on.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Sorry to quote the whole thing but how do you think Killtown felt when a thread was made about his public banning? Probably not very good I would think.

Oh, and thats supposed to justify your attack?

Look, I dont know you, and I dont know the poster you are talking about...in fact, I dont know anything about the 9/11 forum...so I had better shut up.

But I do know something about anger at what others believe. Imagine the guy actually believes that stuff...meaning he is naive in his assumptions. How are you going to get him to consider the truth? Not by calling him a liar and idiot. Only by counter-facts and counter-facts only.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Oh boy this is a hot thread.

I still am willing to bet nothing will be resolved,just a bunch of oh calm down your being to serious about it blah blah.

More of the same and zero change....

DENY IGNORANCE?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Just an FYI - you don't have to quote a post, there is the 'reply to' button just as I have just used it

But, as I have said, it is confusing replying to a post that is not there anymore. It's also confusing to read posts that respond to one little thing to an entire page worth of a thread. It takes time to dig around.

SO and I have been U2Uing and I believe him that it was just a coincidence. I'll leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Project_Silo

I have to say, and I don't mean to be inflammatory, but I have exactly the same "feeling" about one or two others - not necessarily the mods you named.

I genuinely feel that for some reason they dislike me, although I hope this is not the case.

I would prefer to think that they are just too busy or have other more pressing issues - sadly, experience leads me to believe otherwise.

or perhaps I really am paranoid - now where did I put my meds

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
or perhaps I really am paranoid

No... you're not paranoid, we really do... oh, never mind.

Project_Silo, I'm not familiar with the issue you're trying to make, could you U2U me a link to the thread you're referring to?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I don't know. I think the logical consequence of the moderators ignoring problems is that, sooner or later, you'll have two complaint threads for every alternative topic discussion thread. If the mods want the board to stay afloat, I think they have no choice but to start listening to dissenting voices.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

You have any spare meds?

I to may come across harsh but it's purely from frustration.I have brought up these issues in many threads about this very subject created by the mods themselves and nothing.

It seems to be mod motto is Deny Problems.They always say we are over reacting and give all sort of petty excuses..Well enough excuses and actually do something.......This is absured,I cannot believe you have gotten so large with this clear problem that is often talked about.Just look how many responses this thread is getting in such a short peroid of time....

Again I'm not bashing ATS but I do feel there is a real problem so just fricken address it already.It will not go away as long as you allow mods to take clear advantage of member,rules,and powers.

Uber,

I agree,this is what I'm trying to piont out.They must adress these problems or they will only continue to spiral and continue to get more attention than any other thread...Just like this thread is doing now.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I agree with you to an extent - my bro is an admin on another popular site (although of different content) - and I'm curious if ATS has the same policy of "flagging" dissenting voices - it seems so sometimes
eg
"oh, don't take any notice, that's nothing - he's a trouble maker" etc

Of course we'll never find out unless we become mods, then we'll have to take the oath of secrecy, so the info will be no use

In the meantime, here's some prozac and some diazepam to keep you going until the anti-psychosis pills arrive

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I've absolutely had it out with some of the mods on this board, even SO and I have had our heated discussions, but ultimately, your actions are your own, provoked or not.
What bothers me is that I've seen what Griff is talking about, not nessecarily in this case, but for example, Majic and I have been here at this point before, and I still feel his opinions rather than his responsibilites ultimately determined his actions as a moderator. If a mod has an opinion on a subject, that's fine, we all understand that, but IMO they have an obligation to keep that opinion the hell out of their actions as moderator.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The problem this thread was created about seems to stem from the 9/11 forums. In seanm's defense the people debating the Conspiracy side in those forums are just as quilty of posting assumptions and speculation as fact, if not more so. If any neutral party read parts of those threads they would plainly see that we have at the very least a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I have read numerous posts by seanm and calling him a liar is way over the top. If you can prove him to be wrong then show your proof and call him mistaken. I have u2u seanm and look forward to him being able to defend him self.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Griff,
you and I are on opposite sides of the 9/11 issue. That is how I can tell you that the mods are pretty fair. I have watched my friends get warned for their behavior, and some have lost controll of their anger and been banned. I submit to you that the mods are about as fair as they can be. They let both of our sides on the 9/11 issue get away with the same amount of BS.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Griff,
your thread states that their have been numerous complaints against seanm. How do you know this? Is there a way to search complaints against members? Did a mod tell you this when you were complaining?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join